Sunshine Heartbeat (Seth Clearwater imprint story) Ch 18

Aimee's POV

Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday, dear Aimee...

Happy Birthday to you...

I blinked and adjusted my eyes to the bright sunlight as a quiet and husky voice sang in my ears.

"Aimee...Happy Birthday!" Seth whispered happily, handing me a nicely wrapped present. It was a lovely box with a sparkly sandy cover and on it was a beautiful silky ribbon.

"Oh wow, Seth...Thank you so much." I murmured as I stroked the smooth ribbon. He sent me a charming smile and I felt my heart melt a little.

"Open it, Aimee." He urged while staring into my eyes with too much love, causing me to blush. Seth chuckled at my reaction.

I carefully took the ribbon off the box, placing it gently on my lap. I lifted the lid off the box and stared in shock at the gift that was lying comfortably inside.

"Do you like it, Aimee?" Seth asked warily, watching my reaction.

I shook my head and Seth looked down in disappointment.

"Oh...um...That's okay...I-"He was cut short by me. I looked up to face him.

"Seth...I don't like it...I love it!" I answered, lifting the stunning photo album out with both hands, taking care not to damage it.

A cheerful smile formed on Seth's face, "Really?"

I nodded and beamed at Seth. "Really. Thank you, Seth."

"That's okay. Anything for my angel." He replied softly.

There was a short pause.

I kept my gaze on Seth as he stared back with overwhelming love and passion. A smile was tugging on his lips and I grinned back.

A sudden knock on the door broke our intense staring.

"Come in." I mumbled, annoyed at the fact that our moment was interrupted.

Paul and Jared's head popped around the door with a smirk on their face.

"Did we interrupt anything?"

They exchanged a knowing glance at each other. Seth watched them with frustration written across his face and he threw a pillow at their head but Paul and Jared's reflex was fast. They slammed the door shut before it reached their face.

I laughed at them and ruffled Seth's hair. "It's okay, Seth."

He turned back and nodded. "True, we will have many chances to create our precious moments." Seth winked at me, smirking.

I took a look at him and grabbed the nearest pillow, attacking him with it.

That's true, Seth...

I made my way to the living room and was surprised to see the whole pack there...even Jacob...

That gave me quite a shock since I haven't seen him for the past few days, almost as if he was ignoring me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AIMEE!"

I smiled as the pack greeted me with hugs and presents.

"Thank you so much, guys. You are the best!" I said, feeling all warm and mushy inside from all these affections.

"I know I am, Aimee. There's no need t-" Quil started but was interrupted by Embry.

"Shut up." Embry grumbled, smacking Quil on the head.

"Hey." Quil complained, rubbing his head.

I watched them silently in amusement while Seth came up behind me, wrapping around my waist protectively.

Soon, Emily brought out the delicious food that she had prepared for us and the guys demolished them in seconds.

Seth's POV

I kept my eyes on Aimee the whole time, watching her every movements. She had been doing a great job covering her fears so far, but once I caught a glance of sadness and fear flashing through her face.

I knew what she had been thinking, the more time she spent with us, the harder it would be for her to make a decision. 

Sometimes it feels like that Aimee is scared, scared that she will lose us eventually, just like her father. 

Aimee's POV

"Aimee..." Leah muttered quietly, "Come with me."

I nodded, following her with curiosity as Leah led us to the backyard.

I stood there, waiting for her to speak.

"Aimee...are you hiding something from us? You seem quite down. You aren't smiling much now, and Seth seems to know what's going on too." She said, staring at me in the eyes.

I froze, not wanting to tell her the truth.

Leah continued staring at me, waiting for the answer. I let out a few nervous chuckles.

"Um...I was just worrying about...my...my...photo album...the photo album that Seth got me, because it m-might not be able to fit all my photos...?" I managed to choked out, although it came out more like a question.

Leah raised her eyebrows, clearly showing that she does not believe me.

I sighed, defeated.

I guess I was just born without any talents at lying...I was never a good liar...

Seth's POV

My eye trailed along as Aimee and Leah exited to the backyard. I fought the sudden urge to follow them.

"Hey Seth-"Jared began but a loud knock at the door interrupted the conversation.

"I will get it." I mumbled, pushing myself towards the door.

I unlocked the heavy wooden door, wondering who it might be.

Better not be someone I know....