Sunshine Heartbeat (Seth Clearwater imprint story) Ch 5

Aimee's POV

I couldn't believe how much these guys eat... I mean, look at all the food Emily cooked and it was all gone in a couple of minutes.

"Wow, you guys eat like pigs..." I exclaimed, eyes wide at the huge stack of food that they had piled onto their plate.

"No, we eat like wo-"Quil started but was then interrupted by Embry, who slapped him hard over the head.

"Ow!! What was that for?" Quil asked dumbly, staring at Embry.

Embry was just about to reply when Jacob threw a stick of celery at his head.

"Shut it, both of you. Do you know how annoying you two are?" Jacob glared at them both and they continued pigging out on their third plate of food...

I chuckled slightly and looked over at Seth, who is uncomfortably squirming around on his seat. I watched him silently and carried on eating my dinner with tiny bites.

After dinner, I went and help Emily with the dishes.

"So...Aimee, what do you think of Seth?" she questioned, sending me a glance from the dishes she was drying.

I blushed...again. I seem to do that whenever someone or something reminds me of Seth...

'"I...He...I think he is...nice." I answered and smiled weakly.

Emily laughed at my weak attempt. "Oh, is that all? Do you think he is anything else beside nice?" I felt my face grew hotter, and I turned around so Emily wouldn't see my face bright red.

"Of course...l also think he is...um...very f-friendly and...and." I mumbled and then sighed. Emily turned to me and placed my hands in hers, "It's okay, Aimee. Just take it easy and you might find that Seth feels the same way about you."

"I..." I tried to think of something to say but I guess I wasn't fast enough because then Emily pushed me out of the kitchen.

"Go and spend more time with him!" She whispered happily in my ear and then she gave me another hard push.

I made my way awkwardly to the lounge room, and found it again filled with all the boys. I was having a hard time controlling my stares, especially when I am next to Seth and he is not wearing a shirt...which seems to be all the time...

I sighed and tried to find a spot to sit in the crowded room.

I seem to be sighing and blushing a lot ever since I came to La Push...

I sighed again and let out a moan in frustration.

"No need to get frustrated...Here.' Seth looked at me and scooted over.

I gave him a smile, and squeezed in next to him. I felt my heart thumping faster and faster. Embry, who was sitting next to me, glanced at me strangely, then turn to look at Seth and grinned like crazy.

"What?" I asked him, wondering if he had heard my unusual heartbeat.

No...It's not like he has super-sensitive hearing...

"Nothing, just happy." He answered, still grinning.

"Why?" I asked, wishing I had my camera with me so I can take a photo of Embry like this.

"Becau-"He began and Seth threw a pillow at his head. Embry rubbed his head and glared at Seth.

"Fine." And with that, Embry continued to watch TV as if nothing happened.

I turned to Seth and found him looking pleased.

"Right." I looked at him for an explanation and he only shrugged.

Leah came in then and tapped me on the shoulder, "Let's go home."

I nodded and looked at Seth, "Is Seth coming?"

"No, he usually st-"Leah said and Seth's head turned to us and jumped up.

"NO! I am coming." He responded, cutting off his sister's words and sending her a glare. "Let's go. Aimee." He grabbed my hand and we went out the door.

Making sure I was still breathing, I wondered if Seth knows that he is still holding my hand. Smiling, I took a peek to see if Leah is coming.

"Uh...Is Leah coming with us?" I asked, fully aware that he is still holding my hands, which I am totally happy about.

"No. She can go home by herself." He answered, opening the car door for me.

"But...how is she going to get home? Will it be safe?" I questioned, worried.

"She will just pha-I mean one of the guys will drop her off..." Seth mumbled and closed the car door, getting on from the other side.

Why do I feel like they are hiding something from me?