Chapter 29- The Drill

Start from the beginning

To the side of the drill, Ty Lee lands gracefully onto the ground. She effortlessly manages to defeat the earthbenders through an acrobatic display, utilizing chi-blocking.

Oh, my spirits. Despite her charming and preppy appearance, the girl's fighting skills were lethal. I've got to find out how she does it.

Upon witnessing the defeat of the Terra Team. "We're doomed!" General Sung flails his arms in panic.

Sokka smacks the general across the face. "Get a hold of yourself, man!"

General Sung rubs his left cheek. "You're right. I'm sorry."

Sokka smiled lightly, amused that his slap knocked some sense into the General.

Toph beats around the bush. "Maybe... you'd like the Avatar's help now?"

General Sung meekly stands before the Avatar. Humbly. "Yes, please."

Aang and the rest of us are overlooking the drill from below the wall. "The question is, how are we going to stop that thing?" All heads turn to Sokka.

Sokka had glanced at me first, before looking at the others. "Why are you all looking at me?"

"You're the idea guy." Aang exclaims.

Sokka narrows his eyes as he looks in the distance. "So I'm the only one who can ever come up with a plan? That's a lot of pressure."

"And also the complaining guy." Katara adds.

"That part I don't mind."

I turned to Sokka with my eyebrows raised. "You'd rather be known as the complaining guy, than idea guy?"

"Pretty much." He shrugged.

✼  ҉  ҉  ҉  ҉ ✼

We were taken to the infirmary, where the terra team had laid paralyzed. Katara attempted to heal one of the soldiers.

"What's wrong with him?" General Sung asked. "He doesn't look injured."

"His chi is blocked." Katara stops healing. "Who did this to you?"

Really, Katara? I thought in my head. Who else do you know is capable of blocking someone's chi?

"Two girls ambushed us." The member replies with a grunt. "One of them hit me with a bunch of quick jabs and suddenly I couldn't earthbend anymore and I could barely move. Then she cartwheeled away."

Katara's eyes widen in realization. "Ty Lee."

I chimed in. "She doesn't look dangerous, but she knows the human body and its weak points. It's like she takes you down from the inside."

I heard a gasp erupt from Sokka's throat. "Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh! Ooh!"

I looked to him in confusion. "You good?"

Sokka placed his hands on my cheeks as he smushed them in the palm of his hand. "What you just said! That's how we're going to take down the drill! The same way Ty Lee took down all those big earthbenders!"

"By hitting its pressure points!" Toph exclaimed.

As I slurred on my words, Sokka continued to press his hands against my cheeks, making it difficult for me to speak. "You're so smart, Sokka."

Sokka removed his hands from my cheeks and crossed his arms together, as a smile spread on his face. "So you like smart guys, huh?"

"Oh, I do."

Sokka nodded his head, trying to act nonchalantly. "Good to know, good to know."

Aang walks to the window, looking out over the wall with a determined look. "We'll take it down from the inside."