𝒊𝒇 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚

•·.·'am i crazy? maybe'·.·•
Mal told me to start writing in a diary, so, here I am. Let's start with my parents, shall we?
Once upon a time, long, long ago... Well, 20 years ago. Belle and the Beast married in front of 6,000 of their closest, personal friends. Who knew people could have that many close friends? Instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected King of the United States of Auradon. Obviously, I believe there were definitely better options, Cinderella, for example. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks, basically all the really cool, interesting people, and he booted them off to the Isle of the Lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. Also known as... my home. No magic. No Wi-fi. No way out. My mother, Maleficent, managed to find a way to run the Isle. Probably because she was the most successful villain. And my dad... I think I'm better off keeping that a secret.

Isle of the Lost -
I stood by whilst the others spray painted their tag alongside buildings. "Effie, let us teach you the way of true evil. Staying in your room all day won't make Mom proud of you." Mal grabbed my hand and dragged me with her as she walked. "The citizens call us trouble, bad and evil. That makes us glad." She smiled.

"We're dirty no-goods down to the bone. We're not really the 'take us home to meet your parents' type." Jay added, sliding down a ladder.

"So we've got some mischief in our blood." Evie shrugged, observing the shops. "Can you blame us? We never got any love." A smirk grew on her face as she took an apple, walking off.

"They think we're callous... A low-life hood. We're useless? I say misunderstood." Carlos put his arm around my shoulder, nudging me slightly.

"And why do you care what they think?" I furrowed my eyebrows, causing them to stop in their tracks. "Did I say something wrong?" I asked, immediately wanting to take my words back.

"She's truly evil..." Jay whispered.

"They call us a schemer, call us a freak. But they can't say that when we're just unique." Mal grabbed a purple jacket from a clothing rack, wandering off with it. The woman at the stand cursed at her, throwing sticks and rocks.

"Someone called me a traitor and said I haven't got their back, expecting me to be their friend. What's up with that?" Jay spotted a lamp and his eyes brightened, shoving it into his jacket without anyone realising.

"I've been labelled as a misfit and a flirt... Then they get hurt when I break their heart?" Evie made eye contact with one of the sellers, blowing a small kiss and walking away. The guy stood there, stunned and in awe.

"The past is the past. You have to learn to forgive and forget. But the truth is, they haven't seen nothing yet." Carlos handed me an apple as him and Jay swung around a loose pipe.

"I really do not understand what you're trying to teach me. You've contradicted everything you've said." I rolled my eyes and went to wander off when Mal grabbed my arm.

"Obviously we can't teach you properly. We've been shoved on an island with no powers... We'll get off here soon.. and when we do.. We will reign havoc over all of Auradon." She stole a lollipop from a baby passing by, the anger radiating off her. The three's eyes suddenly widened but Mal and I just looked at each other and sighed. We turned around to see Maleficent, our mother, standing there with her two bodyguards. "Hi, mom." Mal smiled.

"Stealing candy, Mal? I'm so disappointed." Mom rolled her eyes, jokingly, ignoring my stare.

"It was from a baby." She held out the lollipop with a grin on her face. Mom smiled and threw her staff to the other hand, taking the lollipop.

"That's my nasty little girl." She grinned and then spat on it, cleaning it, then handing it to her bodyguard. "Give it back to the dreadful creature. It's the deets, Mal, that make the difference between mean and truly evil. When I was your age I was cursing entire kingdoms. Walk with me, both of you." I nodded and walked beside her. "See, I'm just trying to teach you the thing that really counts, how to be me."