Can you sing for me?

Start bij het begin

His remark shocked all of them. The said man's eyes darkened as he felt his body flaring in rage. With some little steps he reached near Taehyung who  had no trace of fear in his face as he directly looked into Mr. Jeon's burning eyes.

Soon Taehyung was welcomed by a hard, painful slap on his cheek as a red handprint formed there, burning his skin.

"Bow down, now!" The enraged man roared before him.

"Never." Taehyung mumbled, adding fuel to the fire. Mr. Jeon harshly grabbed a handful of his hair, making him yelp in pain as he felt like his hairs were going to come out of the scalp. The tears uncontrollably fell from his eyes.

"Did you already forget that I wasted millions of our fucking money over a worthless creature like you!? I can make you do whatever I want! I can even beat you to death if I want, you pathetic trash!"

The words were the last straw for Taehyung as he really started to feel extremely worthless in the big wide world.

But his next words surprised the Jeon family more.

"You surely won't kill me after wasting millions of your money on me, right?" He wanted to smirk at his own remark but couldn't because of the unbearable pain in his scalp. "And as long as I'm alive, I'll never bow down before you." He spoke firmly.

Mr. Jeon immediately shoved him to the cold floor near Jeongguk's feet who just started at him blankly.

"I'll watch you later. Let's see how long you can hold onto your ego. Now, clean the rooms." Gguk's father spoke in a low horrifying tone before storming out of the room, Mrs. Jeon just glared at the boy before leaving the room too.

'What have I gotten myself into?'

                       °•°•°•°•♡•°•°•°•°

After finishing all the house chores, an exhausted Taehyung came into Jeongguk's room and found the young singer sleeping already. He went near him to turn off the blue dim light but his hand couldn't reach the switch board as he caught himself staring at the sleeping male.

Jeongguk looked like a child while sleeping. His lips were slightly apart, soft curly bangs rested on his forehead.
Taehyung almost melted at the sight but soon looked away as he remembered his cold behaviour.

Jeongguk didn't utter a word to Taehyung since he came to their place. He watched him crying badly so many times but didn't even go to him, he just minded his own business.

'Obviously, why would a billionaire singer talk to a cheap person like me?'

Turning the light off, Taehyung almost slumped onto the cold floor. He had enough of the billionaire family in this awful day. Now his every days and every nights will be like this.

Taehyung's lips quivered as he felt a lump crawling up in his throat.

'Why life has to be so cruel?'

He's gonna break down for the third time in the day.

He closed his eyes and tried to calm down. He surely didn't want the other to wake up by his sobs as he tried to suppress his cries. Soon a voice startled him, "Taehyung?"

"Yeah. I thought you were sleeping." His voice somehow sounded a little hoarse as he quickly wiped his tears from his eyes.

"I wasn't."

"Oh. . ."

"Can you sing for me?" He tried to sound in his most velvety voice so that the boy couldn't resist his request.

"So that you can sleep?"

"You're smart you know?"

Taehyung didn't say anything.

"So. . . are you gonna sing for me? Do you know I liked your voice so much last night?"

"Oh, so you were there--- in the nightclub?"

"Yeah."

"Well, thanks. And yes, I'll sing for you then."

Taehyung closed his eyes to recall his mother's face as he began,

"She looks like a blue parrot
Would you come fly to me?
I want some good day, good day, good day~~
Looks like a winter bear~
You sleep so happily~
I wish you good night, good night, good night~
Good night, good night~~~

Imagine your face
Say hello to me
'Til all the bad days
They're nothing to me
With you~~~~

Winter bear~~~
Ooh ooh ooh
Sleep like a winter bear~~
Ooh ooh ooh
Sleep like a winter bear~~"

The song ended, soft snores filled the room as he realized Jeongguk drifted off to sleep.

Taehyung missed his mother so much.

A lone tear fell from his eyes as he croaked out, "Now who'll help me to sleep?"

                             ♡●•°•●♡