Chapter 1: Chaos

Eliana's POV:

The Elements were a force older than the universe, more powerful than the Gods. They were the first creations.

The Elemental world was kept away from the mortal world. Hidden away from the prying eyes of mortals who sought power, the Elemental community flourished in secrecy.

The Elementalists – a community that flourished in its glory – were born out of these elements. Hi, I'm Eliana Spark. Welcome to my world. I'm an Elementalist, and this is my story...

☽ ☼ ☾

The arctic winds whistled through the landscape as Eclipse, Jared, and I stepped out into a familiar-looking parking lot. As Jared paid the driver who had brought us here, Eclipse moved closer to me and looked at the hills in the distance.

"Deja-vu," she said, her expression troubled. "We're back."

It had only been three days since we first arrived at Honeydew Creek with Anastacia. Now we were back here for another purpose after learning about Elementalists. We were walking back into trouble.

Would things have been better if I had said no to the camping trip?

I pushed that thought out of my mind. Eclipse AND Anastacia were my friends, I couldn't just walk off. I had to help them out.

The car that had brought us here drove off, its engine the last sound piercing the silence of the night.

"Now, where to?" Jared asked, facing us. He kept the roll of money in his backpack and slung it over his shoulder.

Instinctively, Eclipse pointed to me, "Eli has better memory, she'll know the way."

Oh-

"Well, I'll need the map," I said, looking around, then spotted a map stand, "Oh wait, never mind. This is it."

The map was identical to the one Anastacia had, so I was able to recall the route we had taken earlier.

"Well, this is it. It's going to take us a while to get there." I announced.

☽ ☼ ☾

We had walked for a considerable amount of time and Jared had utilized his time telling us about how to harness our Elemental capabilities.

"You derive your powers from both your surroundings as well as the elemental reservoir you have within yourselves. You can gather your elemental energy at will, like this," he explained, sticking out his hand.

A faint golden orb had materialized on Jared's hand. It looked small, and tendrils of light spread slightly, like ink in water.

"Hold on a minute," Eclipse said, her tone alarmed, "This looks exactly like the letter I got-"

Jared clenched his fists and turned to her. His purple eyes glowed slightly in the dark, "What letter?"

.

.

.

A/N: Pretty short chapter but I was excited to publish this :]