"Ummm...I'm sorry but I fail to see your point...How is that any of my business?" I asked.

The man chuckled and took another sip from his drink.

"I was thinking about promoting you from a simple secretary to a member of the board alongside my sons...But of course...You'll need to contribute to the company more...What do you say?" He asked.

I frowned in confusion.

"I'm sorry...But why would you do something like that for me?" I asked.

"You're my son's boyfriend and you changed his life for the better...I must admit that in the few months you two got to know each other my son started opening up to other...More interesting escapades...Especially the one concerning his cheating ex...I always wanted him to break it off but I didn't know how to meddle without being too imposing" He said.

"Oh...Ummm...Have you told him that yourself?" I asked.

I mean if the father also hated Tawan then why wouldn't he tell his son to break up with him directly?

"I'm sure that you already know but my sons hate me...So if I try giving them advice they'll probably brush it off" He said.

Huh?

"Ummm...I don't think so...I mean..." I started.

This is really one hell of a strange family...The sons are convinced that their father doesn't care about them when he actually cares and the father thinks that his sons hate him but they really don't?

What the hell? Why won't they just sit down and talk like normal people do?

I decided to just ask.

"Ummm...What makes you think that way mr Korn?" I asked.

He poured himself another drink but didn't drink from it.

"They're convinced that I killed their mother" He said.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked.

"Their mother had cancer...She wasn't going to live because the chemotherapy didn't work...She was in pain so I agreed to her request of putting her down with merciful killing" He said.

I bit my lip and looked at the floor not knowing what to say.

"I don't care how they see me though...I built this business from scratch all by myself and I'll leave it to them and them alone...I think that gives me merit at least they'll live comfortably" He said.

Then sipped his drink.

"I'll let you think about it...But you should give me an answer soon" He said.

I nodded.

"You may leave now" He said.

So I stood up and bowed politely before leaving the room.

When I walked out of the room though I saw Tem.

"What were you doing there?" He asked.

"Ummm...Mr Korn wanted to talk to me...Why?" I asked.

"What did you talk about?" He asked.

"Are you alright? You're not usually that curious" I said.

Then chuckled and patted his shoulder.

"Relax...He just asked me to be a partner in the company so I'll have a better reason to stand next to Kinn" I said.

He was going to say something but closed his mouth and looked at the wall.