10: Deepwerks Facility

It has been only a couple of days since the dwarf left the cave, he had been betrayed by that Wyrin, he escaped along with the wings, but that was only one of his problems. He had been scouring the mountains, in search of civilization, and in the end, he made it.

The Trade District, Barik had passed through there a couple of times, with effort he wandered into a tavern and made his way to the bar, the man behind the bar examined him.

"Barik! Old drunkard, shouldn't you..." he started to say, but stopped when he noticed his state, he had bruises on his face, and a noticeable dirt all over his body, especially on his arms and forehead, his hair was also a bit greasy. "Shit... What happened to you?"

"I need a little help... How about a glass of water to start with?" said the dwarf, with some pain in his voice.

So the bartender took out a glass and immediately poured some water, he took it and drank it in one gulp.

"Aah... that's better..."

"What happened?"

"It's complicated... listen, I need you to keep me updated, I've been missing for... a month and a half," he said, after remembering a bit.

"What are you talking about?"

"News, rumors, you know, I know that in places like this you find out about everything... but I need to know what you have heard from the magistrate..."

"From the magistrate..." said the bartender, as he looked in both directions. "I shouldn't."

"Please my friend, take pity on me, I have not seen my wife for days, and I know that something must have happened in Deepwerks..."

The bartender cleared his throat, moved a little closer to him, and began to speak in a rather low tone of voice.

"I heard something, there have been a couple of things happening since Deepwerks created those crystals, serious accidents that have even devastated some villages."

"What are you talking about?"

"Apparently, they are dangerous, there was an explosion at Crosswind Hold, and they have also been used for criminal acts, in the underworld they are figuring out how to weaponize them, not to mention the strange flying lizard that struck a few days ago."

"Flying lizard," said Barik, feigning surprise.

"Yes, looting and terrorizing citizens," he said, Barik remained silent, continuing to listen. "The Magistrate believes he has found a solution... ban them."

"Banning crafted crystals?"

"Yes, anyone who does have one at his disposal will have to give it up. Soldiers of the magistrate come in here often, and check everyone, the situation is delicate."

"My God, so much has happened... I need to go back to Deepwerks right now... Can you help me?"

The bartender scratched his chin, thinking a little.

"Across the street you will find a house with a small stable, say you are going on my behalf, they will take you."

Barik nodded and set off, left the establishment and made his way to the indicated location, there he knocked on the door of the place and did exactly as he was told, that's how he got a ride to Crosswind Hold.

He stayed inside a wagon, when they reached the village they let him know, so he got off and walked a few meters down the stone street, until he stopped at a house, he knocked and it didn't take long to open it, a dwarf woman in a green dress lay at the gate, she covered her mouth when she saw Barik.