The past

The smell of blood and fire coated the air. The smoke darkened the already moonless night as two small figures watch there world burn down before them. The fires flare and the light reveals the figures to be two small children. One with almost white long hair and another with dirty blonde hair.

There eyes wide as the fires rage on, the blonde headed one now reveled to be a boy sat, not saying a word. His mind barley able to comprehend the atrocity infront of him. The second figure, a girl, stood up staring at the burning village. Her mind racing and bringing up memories from earlier that day.

The Iron legion had caught word of a possible viking raid that would target a small village on the coast of Ashfield. So they sent a Lawbringer to judge if the town was worth protecting. His decision came quick "the Legion isn't going to waist resources and lives for a back water slum like this, best advice I could give is leave."

The town was outraged, these were the people that were supposed to protect them. And here this man was, this "Lawbringer" a member of a order that was suppose to protect the innocent from the wicked and vile. And he said that there lives weren't worth saving, and so he left.

The richer among the villagers took his advise and left with what they could while the poorer stayed. Although there was one man who was gearing up, covering himself in full plate armor and pulled out a long sword from under his bed. He turned to the boy behind him and ruffled his dirty blonde hair.

The images of the man flashed through the boy's head. The face of the man was easy to recognize but as he aged the features of his father would become more distant and unfocused. The only thing he could remember was that his father was a Warden.

But it all happened so quickly, the weather favored the viking. Just at around sundown a thick fog rolled in and then came the screams and the fire. Some villagers took up arms, using farm equipment and anything that could be used as a weapon but none put up a fight like the old Warden did.

He took out atlest 15 vikings by himself before he finally fell. A javelin thrown by a cowardly Valkyrie which pierced through his back plate and punched through his front. But for killing so many of there kin the vikings would not offer him a quick death.

The skined him alive with his own blade and strung his body up in what is know as a "blood eagle" all the boy could do was stare at his now dead father.

The boy would remember that Valkyrie, the purple paint on her face plate, the horns that twisted straight up from the helmet.

The girl would also remember the man that doomed there village, the Lawbringer.

It wasn't long before both kids snapped out of there shocked state and began walking. To where? Who knows, they just followed the road until they came upon a band of mercenaries who were heading to there village in hopes that they could earn money. But seeing as how they were to late they cut there loses and took the kids, and gave the dead villagers proper burial.

The mercenaries were planning to dump the kids in the next town but the leader decided to make an investment. He had heard stories of warriors outside of Heathmoor who would train kids from the age of birth in the ways of war. And so the leader would train them both himself.

As time past both of them became fearsome knights. But at the age of 18 the girl left to find the Lawbringer she so desperately searched for. While the boy stayed for a few more years until he vanished. Rumors are that he went north to hunt the vikings that killed his father, and they would be right.

He slaughtered the village. Putting every man, woman, and child to the sword. But he saved the best for last, the Valkyrie she had aged but that didn't mean she wasn't a challenge especially since he was already injured and was holding back from delivering a death blow.

The Valkyrie slid her hand down the spear and went for a wide heavy only for the boy to parry it and deliver a shoulder bash that almost knocked her off her feet. Using the opportunity of weakness he slashed her achilles tendon causing her to collapse to the ground.

Her eyes went wide and frantic as he ripped the face plate off of her. He had dropped his fathers sword In favor of his fists. He straddled her as he let blow after blow fly but he stopped half way through the beating as the Valkyrie begged for her life In her native tounge.

And he responded in with the same tounge "mercy? Mercy! Don't make me laugh. Do you call butchering defenseless farmers and fishermen mercy?" He grabbed her by the collar and pulled her closer before delivering another punch "but don't worry funs not over yet. I wont offer you a quick death. No no no I'm taking my time with you."

He grabbed her by the hair and dragged her along as he picked up his sword "I'm going to do to you what you did to my father."

Screams echoed throughout the night until sunrise when the boy was finally done. The village was nothing more then ash and ruins by then. He turned and limped away, he had heard rumors that a Lawbringer was beat to death in Ashfield and his armor stolen he had no doubt that it was her.

And so he made his way back home eventually joining up with his childhood friend and joining her legion.

"Sir!" Wolf was snapped out of his thoughts as a Blackstone Warden stood in the doorway "There's Chimera troops at are gate"

"Shit!" Wolf quickly stood up and left the room closings the door behind him but a figure on the bed, a woman whose body is heavily scarred began to stir as her eyes shot open.