𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎 𝙻𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎

Walking down the walkway, I realized how far Pansy and I walked for a pair of shoes. Nearly three blocks. After a while, I noticed people being odd. It had me frowning. They looked at me, a frown over their eyes. For a moment I was worried it was my clothing, but I wore an appropriate dress and convers. I was confused.

When I turned down an alley way to where Pansy had parked her car, seeing it as busy with people as it was before. There was an entrance to a bar in it, although we hadn't been there - she had only pointed it out.

Suddenly someone behind me grabbed my upper arm and pulled me into the bar, and no one stopped us. The guard just let us in.

"Let go of me!" I yelled, plucking at him.

He was behind me, so I couldn't see me. He pushed me into a dark room, before letting go of me. Before I could get out, the door shut, and it locked. I tried reaching for my wand, only to realise that it was plucked out of my hair bun. I spun around, but my eyes wouldn't even adjust - the room was too dark. I'd even lost the door.

"Let me out!" I yelled.

Then someone chuckled. "The room's soundproof."

I couldn't even tell where the voice was coming from  It echoed. "What do you want?" I asked; but no one answered. "Let me go-"

"Why are you in New York?" a dark, male voice asked demandingly.

"Does it matter?" I scoffed. "What does it matter to you?" I asked.

He chuckled. "I can play this game all night, princess. I have all the time in the world."

I scoffed. "Well I don't. Show yourself," I ordered.

Then suddenly a light brightened, and it was of the tip of my wand, in the middle of the room. It was just floating. No one was holding it. I slowly walked to it, worried.

Someone's hand grabbed a hold of the back of my neck, and yanked me to a stop. I breathed heavy, suddenly feeling my hands become cold. Someone was using magic against me. A wizard. I couldn't fight back, matter of fact - I couldn't move my hands.

"You shouldn't be here, princess," a familiar voice breathed into my ear from behind. "You shouldn't be here..."

I attempted to elbow him, but he managed to slip away and spin me around, pushing me against a wall, pining himself against me. His hand moved to my throat.

His breath had alcohol reeking in it, but I could tell he wasn't drunk.

"Tell me," he breathed. "What's was it like?"

"What?" I asked.

He chuckled. "What was it like living for the past eight years? Living with the guilt."

"Guilt?" I questioned.

"Oh, his death."

Suddenly my wand flew to right beside us, and I froze. Mattheo Fucking Riddle stood in front of me, his hand gripping tighter as a soft grin grew on his lips.

"Mattheo..." I breathed heavy, but softly.

"Hello, princess."

His eyes moved to my lips, but mine didn't move from his eyes. I stared while my heart went way too fast for my head to process. My vision became static-like, and I started to take deeper breaths.

"No-"

And it all went black.

~

Warm hands wrapped around my arms, and I felt my head spin back. My head hung forward when I started fluttering my eyes open. I sat on a chair, while my wrists were strapped onto the arm holds of the black chair. I looked up to the figure who had me strapped down, seeing Mattheo. It really was him.

"Welcome back," he smiled darkly.

A picture of his smile have always been in my mind, but not a dark one - a genuine one. This one scared me.

"Mattheo?" I questioned, still confused.

How could he be alive? How could he be here? How could this be possible? Was I drugged? Did he have a doubleganger?

"You've changed," he said, standing up, removing his cold skin from mine. "What happened to your hair? It's long. It's not like you."

Not like me? It's been eight years. Did he realize that?

"And what's this?" he asked, reached his hand to my nose. I pulled my head back. I didn't want him touching me again. He chuckled, pulling his hand back. "Come on, Lee. It's me."

"Is it?" I asked, frowning slightly. "It's impossible. You died. I watched you die."

He sighed, turning around, grabbing a chair against the opposite wall, before pulling it in front of me. He sat down, leaning forward while resting his arms on his spread legs.

"It's a long story, princess. One I'm sure you don't want to hear-"

"I do," I said. "I want to know how the fuck you're still alive. How the fuck you're not fucking dead, Mattheo."

He chuckled. "What happened to 'Matty'?" he asked, tilting his head lightly.

I didn't answer. Instead I asked: "Why am I tied up?"

He sighed, sitting back. "You fainted. I figured that you'd try to escape again too."

"Why keep me here?"

He shrugged. "Why let you go?"

I just stared. Mattheo was not the same, and I saw it by simply looking in his eyes.

"Why are you here?" he asked, suddenly impatient. "What the hell are you doing in New York? You're supposed to be in London."

"Does it matter?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"You were supposed to stay there," he groaned, standing up. "Why are you here?"

"Malfoy's engaged, and I'm here for the bachelorette's party. Only a week more. Does it matter?"

He laughed. "Astoria is marrying his ass? His poor bloodline-"

"Pansy is marrying him."

He looked down at me, his eyebrows risen. "Interesting." Then he walked towards the door. "Go home and don't come back."

I frowned as he opened the door. "Wait, Mattheo! Where are you go-"

"Get her out of my club," he told a guard,. before stopping him when he was about to enter. "Don't touch her."

The guard nodded, entering, he pulled a knife out and without touching my skin, he slit the rope. It dropped to the ground. He then gestured for me to stand up. I scoffed, doing so. He then lead me out of the room, and took a shortcut to the exit. I stopped, turning to him.

"Where is he?" I asked, demandingly.

The guy didn't respond.

"Where is he?" I asked again.

The guy suddenly pointed to the exit door, but I didn't move. Then he grabbed me by my upper arm, forcing me forward and eventually stepped out of the door with me. He pushed me forward, before stepping in front of the door.

A gunshot suddenly echoed the alleyway, and I froze. The guard dropped to the floor, blood pouring from his head.

My eyes moved up to a window, seeing Mattheo lower a gun. I stared as he met my eyes, before turning around, closing the curtain. My heart raced, and soon did my feet. I made my way out of that alleyway as quickly as possible, before reaching Pansy's car.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆