"You would never be safer than you are here, even if this does happen." Alma said, pointing to the picture.

"Aside from that, there was a lot more to this than just the one picture. We looked a lot older, this isn't going to happen soon. We have time to figure things out." Bruno said assuredly.

I contemplated what they had said. I had no doubt that this place was one of the safest on earth, and I believed Bruno when he said that this wouldn't happen for a long time, but without my abilities to see how to avoid it entirely, I couldn't help but be on edge. I never cared if I got caught and tortured and killed, but someone else? I would trade myself a hundred times to save a stranger. A few more seconds of thinking, and I decided on an answer:

"Fine. If you think it won't happen for years, then let's wait a couple and figure out more of what's happening. Can you do that?" I asked Bruno.

He nodded. "I'll see what else I can find."

Without thinking, I said: "how do you find things?"

"It's something easier seen than explained. We could definitely work together, it'll be easier to find out more about this if you're there."

'Easier seen than explained.' I could live with. I'd said similar things my whole life. I usually drew out things I had seen.

I nodded, agreeing with him.

"Why don't you two get to work while Julieta and I prepare dinner?" Alma said.

I shrugged, wanting to start immediately as well.

"Come on. I have to be in my room for me to make prophecies." He said as he inclined his head towards the stairs.

He started walking, and I followed right behind him. Up the tile and stone stairs, and up another couple of steps to his door. All the doors had pictures of them on it surrounded by things associated with their powers. Pepa's had weather, Julieta's had food, and Bruno's had hourglasses.

He opened the door and gestured for me to go first. I inclined my head at him before stepping in. When I looked inside, I nearly turned back around to look at the outside because I couldn't fathom the size of the room.

I had expected a normal sized room, but this was about three times what I was expected. The floor was made of plain wood, but covered in sand. Like a boardwalk. 'Your future awaits' was carved into a stone on the other side of the room.

"My vision cave is this way." He said, pointing to a hallway. "There's also another vision I want to show you."

I followed him to his vision cave. Up more steps and through the dark stone hallway lined with vases. And full of rats. The end of the hallway was a cicle stone door, which Bruno opened and closed behind us.

"I need it to be dark too." He said as he closed it.

Odd. So many steps to see the future. All I needed to do was think of a time or place.

It was hard to see, but Bruno had gone to the center of the room and lit a fire. I could see a circle of sand, like a child's playbox. There were strange etchings all over the walls, and the fire only made it more eerie.

"Come sit down. Across from me." He instructed.

I did as he said, and took his hands when he held them out.

A breeze started to make its way around the room, steadily growing into powerful wind. The sand picked up into the breeze, and started glowing bright green, just like the picture board. I looked back at Bruno, who's eyes were glowing bright green as well. He was looking past me, and I followed his gaze.

Behind me, the sand had turned into a moving picture, depicting Bruno and I once again in Wyle's throneroom: being dragged in unconscious and bound to chairs. I ground my teeth, waiting to see more.

The image cracked like glass, the sand falling out of the dome it had created. I covered my head with my hands and arms, but Bruno was hiding under a new green picture.

His expression was one of confusion.

"It's the exact same as last time..." He said to himself. "It should've been something else. Something I haven't seen yet. Why is it the same thing?" He looked at me, as if I'd know the answer.

"Maybe the gods don't want us to see..." I said in a small, defeated voice.

"The gods?" He questioned.

"Zues, Hades, Hera, Poseidon, Apollo..." I listed off.

He seemed to get it, so he asked "why wouldn't they want us to see?"

"Perhaps something crucial is supposed to happen. That that," I said, inclining my head towards the picture, "is supposed to be a turning point that leads to something else."

In the dim light of the fire, he looked like he was considering that, his eyes fixed on a spot on the wall and chewing on his bottom lip.

"Maybe..." He muttered. "Maybe we should just let it be. Let whatever the gods want to happen, happen." He said aloud. With a defeated sigh, he stood up and doused the fire before holding out a hand to help me up. Quite the gentleman, he was. He opened the big door, where we found Pepa waiting.

"Dinner is ready." She said before turning on her heels and skipping out of the room. Well she's excited, I thought. When I was back out in the hallway, I remembered something.

"Oh, didn't you say you wanted to show me another vision you had?"

"Oh yeah," He said. He rushed into another room, one that had a normal door, and came back out with another picture.

"I just thought you should see it. It seemed weird you not knowing. Everyone else saw it." He handed me the picture, and I was surprised by what I saw.

It was of me, in the middle of the Casita, unconscious with the Madrigals hovering over me.

"I had this vision the night before you came. The Casita pulled you in, I think. Even though you blacked out on the other side of the mountains. I don't see why the magic wouldn't stretch all the way over the mountains." He said in a rush.

His reasoning made perfect sense, so I nodded and agreed with him.

"You can keep it if you want. You may as well have it, it's about you."

I nodded, carrying the picture in my hands until Bruno turned to leave, then stuffing it into my bag.

We got back downstairs, and I was going to leave through the front door, but Bruno asked where I was going.

"Back home?" I said.

"You can have dinner with us." Julieta said, as if I missed something important.

I went back towards their kitchen and dining room area, a circle table next to the kitchen where Alma and Pepa were already eating.

Julieta pointed to the kitchen area, where there was a stack of plates and pans full of food. She grabbed a plate and filled it, and I followed her example.

The food was amazing. I've never tasted anything so good. It made me feel really good, too. The headache I always had when I got closer to here was nearly gone.

"This is amazing, thank you so much for inviting me." I said to the table at large.

"You are very welcome, Athena. You can come whenever you like." Alma said.

"I will absolutely take you up on that offer." I said with a small laugh.