Think something, think something quickly. «I want to write a crime book,» I push out fast. «I need to know how an investigator works since the main character is one of them. And I know I could search something online but I think it's better if I can ask and have detailed answers.»

My dad looks at me with a still concerned face. He is listening but he is doubting it, so I try to give him more information about this fake book, so he can feel it is a real one. «He will investigate Mafia's crime. He wants to expose the most famous and dangerous mobster in the city and since all the police and not only are corrupted, he is the only one who wants to put him in jail.»

It's crazy how half of this is true but he will never know that. He can't know the truth behind this project because if he only realize it, he would probably close the house and threw away the key.

Now my dad's face softens and I take a deep breath out. «That's a really good plot,» he comments and it seems like he has taken the bait. «If you actually will turn that into a book, it could be a good one.»

Maybe I can really write a book about that. I attempt to give him the happiest and proudest expression. «Thank Dad but I can't do it without a little help from you friend,» I try again hoping for him to write down that number.

Instead of that, he says: «I will give him a call and talk about it with him.»

«What? No, no. Lemme handle this, please. Come on,» I say urgently. «I want to do this all by myself. I will tell him I'm your daughter and that you give him the best greets.» My heart is racing in my ribs and my head is spinning. He can't do it, he should let his daughter handle these things by herself.

«Why are you so aroused?» He exposes me while moving back his head when I shift closer to him.

I go back to my sit. «Because I am an adult and I can do this alone. I don't need my dad to call him and give him my plot, my idea. I want to be the one to tell him,» I retort with a sigh. If this was the truth, it would've been understandable that I want to handle this alone.

I am an adult and I want to take on my responsibilities without my parent taking care of them.

And it seems like my dad understands that because he nods. «You're right,» he sniffs. «Okay, lemme take my phone.»

He stands up and disappears into his room before coming back with it and once he is sat again, he writes on a Post-it the number and handles it to me. «His name is Daniele Ferrari, he is Italian but he speaks very well English.»

I take the pen and write down the name of the man before looking back at my father with a happy smile and hugging him. «Thank you, dad!» When I sit back, I face his proud expression. «I'll keep you on track with what he will tell me, okay?» I won't but I hope he'll forget about this quickly.

«Sure and if you write something, I'll be happy to read and review it.»

«Oh, I first need the whole information before actually writing down something,» I laugh nervously and swelling my thoughts.

«Sure, but if you do that, I'm here.»

As I was already awake, I finished having my breakfast with him while we started to talk about various topics.

I still went to University, this morning.

I owe Antonio some apologies and an explanation about yesterday but when I am in the first lesson class, I don't see him. I check my phone to see if he has sent me some text, but there is just one notification and it is from Kevin. It's probably the good morning but I haven't checked it yet because I need to ring out the right way to tell him my plan.