Chapter 4: The Mistake:

Začít od začátku

In the center of the room, alumni portraits were spread on a crystal obelisk that reached from the marble floor to the sunroof. Higher up on the obelisk were gold-framed portraits of students who became kings and queens after graduation. In the middle were silver frames, in them were those who found lesser fates as sidekicks, housewives, and fairy godmothers. Near the bottom of the pillar were bronze-framed underachievers who had ended up footmen and servants. No matter what rank they were, Y/n noticed they all had beautiful faces, king smiles, and hopeful eyes. This place was the start of the student's fairytales and their happy endings. Y/n had ended up in a place where she might finally be able to be herself. A smile crept onto her face as she turned to Agatha to see if she felt the same but she didn't. She looked miserable.

"You don't like it here do you?" Y/n asked.

"I just want to find Sophie and get out of here," Agatha mumbled.

Y/n turned as she finally reached a pink-haired nymph. The nymph smiled and handed her a piece of parchment.

Y/n of Woods Beyond

GOOD, 1st Year

Purity Tower 51

<-------------------------------------------------------------------->

Session/Faculty

1: BEAUTIFICATION - Prof. Emma Anemone

2: PRINCESS ETIQUETTE - Pollux

3: ANIMAL COMMUNICATION - Princess Uma

4: HISTORY of HEROISM - Prof. August Sader

5: LUNCH

6: GOOD DEEDS - Prof. Clarissa Dovey

7: SURVIVING FAIRY TALES (FOREST GROUP #3) - Yuba the Gnome

A green-haired nymph handed her a basket of books, some peeking out:

The Privilege of Beauty

Winning Your Prince

The Recipe Book for Good Looks

Princess with a Purpose

Animal Speech 1: Barks, Neighs, & Chirps

Then a blue-haired nymph held up her uniform: a short pink pinafore, sleeves poofed with carnations, worn over a white lace blouse. Though it wasn't exactly Y/n style, she knew she would have to deal with it. Y/n would much prefer something... less girly.

Y/n looked over at Agatha who was trying to convince the Nymph that they weren't where they belonged.

"I tried to stop her from coming," Agatha said. "But I confused the bird and now I'm here with them and Sophies in the other tower but she's pretty and likes pink and I'm... well look at me."

The nymph paid no attention to Agatha's rambling and simply handed her her schedule. Then the green-haired nymph handed her her stack of books. Finally, the blue-haired nymph handed her her uniform, which made Agatha look sick to her stomach. She would rather die than wear pink and Y/n knew that.

Y/n shook her head and then looked at the other princesses who were now tightening their pink dresses.

"May as well do the same," Y/n mumbled to herself as she set the basket of books down. She lifted the dress up and gently slipped it over her head. It fell around her body and she slipped her arms into each sleeve and tied the dress so it fit snuggly around her torso. She really felt like a princess now.

"Agatha, look at stupid I look. I look is Sophie-"

Y/n turned, scoffing at her friend about the outfit, but her friend wasn't listening. She was too busy running up the blue Honor staircase, fairies jangling furiously behind her. Y/n shook her head and sighed as she picked up her book basket.

"Your friend really doesn't belong here does she?" A girl asked behind her. Y/n turned around to see a girl was black hair and brown almond-shaped eyes standing there.

"She's just... um... not into this sort of stuff," Y/n replied.

"Everyone is calling her a witch," the girl stated. "They're all confused why someone pretty like you is hanging out with a witch."

"She's not a witch," Y/n hissed. "She's just different and I like that about her."

"If you say so," the girl shrugged her shoulders. "I'm Kiko by the way. What's your name?"

"I'm Y/n."

"It's very nice to meet you, Y/n. I wonder if we're bunked in the same room."

"Uhhh it says purity tower 51," Y/n said reading off of her schedule.

"Nope, I'm 49. But I think Reena is in that room. She's super nice but she spends time with Beatrix so she has her unking moments."

"I take it Beatrix isn't a good influence?"

"Let's just say she always gets what she wants."

"I see."

"Well, I'll see you around Y/n!" Kiko waved and then made her way over to a group of girls.

Y/n waved back and a small smile appeared on her face. Maybe this place wouldn't be so bad after all.