Chapter 4: The Mistake:

Magsimula sa umpisa

As the fairies herded the girls toward the frosted castle doors, the doors opened and the girls were pushed into a tight corridor. The line came to a halt and a group of girls circled Agatha and Y/n like sharks.

They stared at Agatha for a moment, some snickered and others whispered. Then they looked at Y/n and their faces lit up. One of the girls stepped forward. She had waist-length gold hair, succulent lips, and topaz eyes. She was so beautiful she looked like a porcelain doll.

"Hello, I'm Beatrix," she said sweetly. "I didn't catch your names."

"That's because I never said it," said Agatha, glaring.

"Agatha, no need to be rude. She's trying to be polite," Y/n scolded. "I'm Y/n and this is Agatha."

"Are you sure that she's in the right place?" Beatrix asked, pointing to Agatha. "Perhaps you just swam to the wrong school."

"We don't know. The bird dropped us both here and dropped our friend at the other school," Y/n said. Beatrix's dazzling eyes started to make her feel uneasy. She knew that she was faking her kindness but she tried her best to be sweet. That was the only way to get through this school.

"Oh," said Beatrix. "So you're not lost?"

"Or confused?" said another with Arabian skin and jet-black hair.

"Or blind?" said a third with deep ruby curls.

"Like I said. The bony bird dropped us both at this school. We have no idea what's going on," Y/n said, annoyed.

"Welcome princesses," said a floating, seven-foot nymph, interrupting that conversation thankfully. It moved aside to reveal a magnificent foyer that made Y/n lose her breath. "Welcome to the School for Good."

Together they lined the four spiral staircases of the glass foyer, two of them pink, two blue, showering confetti upon the new students. The female professors wore different colored versions of the same slim, high-necked dress, with a glittering silver swan crest over the heart. Each had added a personal touch to the dress, such as adding crystals, beaded flowers, and bows. The male professors all wore bright slim suits in a rainbow of hues, paired with matching vests, ties, and colorful kerchiefs embroidered with the silver swan tucked into their pockets. Each of the teachers was more attractive than any adult Y/n had ever seen. Even the older faculty were so elegant it was intimidating.

"Where are the boys?" Y/n heard one of the girls ask another, as the girls filed in front of three floating nymphs with neon hair and lips. They were handing out schedules, books, and uniforms.

AS Y/n and Agatha followed the line behind them, Y/n was able to get a better look at the room

AS Y/n and Agatha followed the line behind them, Y/n was able to get a better look at the room. The wall opposite her had an enormous pink E, with angels and sylphs fluttering around it. The other three walls had letters too, spelling out the word E-V-E-R in pink and blue. The four spiral staircases were arranged symmetrically at the corners of each wall. One of the two blue flights had HONOR stamped upon its baluster, along with glass etchings of knights and kings, while the other read VALOR, decorated with pictures of hunters and archers. The two pink glass staircases had PURITY and CHARITY stamped in gold, along with images of maidens, princesses, and animals.