"Dingus."

Robin's voice pulled him from his thoughts, his cheeks flushing a bit from being caught again by her. "What?" His voice came out softer than he intended it to be.

The blonde frowned. "Hey relax, you're giving the guy a ride home not riding him."

"ROBIN!! " Steve's face was now as red as the dumb sailor collar on his uniform. "What is wrong with you, oh my God ."

"Oh so many things, but regardless, you need to relax. It's going to be fine. He's probably going to tease you about your music, you'll defend yourself and then have a few laughs and drop him off. Stop overthinking." She stepped over to him, patting his back as she went to the break room.

Steve was on her heels, the door swinging behind him. "Okay but what if he realizes what's in my player is actually Metallica because I can't get Master of Puppets out of my head."

That had her turning around quickly with wide eyes and a shit eating grin. "Oh. My. God . You have it so bad for him Steve, holy shit."

"Yes Robin, we've already established how gay I am for Eddie fucking Munson, can we move on please?" He let out a frustrated sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose.

She waved her hands, sitting down at the table. "He's going to tease you about that now. And ask questions. Are you prepared Steven to answer them? Hmm?"

He groaned, falling into the chair across from her, letting his forehead hit the table. Ow . "No." He shifted so his chin was resting on the table as he looked up at her. "You think he'd connect that I'm listening to it because it reminds me of him and I didn't get to see him perform it when we were in the Upside Down and all I can think about are his fingers strumming that guitar and his voice singing the lyrics?"

Robin rested her forearms on the table leaning down a bit. Her smile grew even more. "You are so smitten, you're like a freshman girl finding out she has a crush on the bad boy."

"Rooooobin." The brunette groaned, letting his forehead hit the table again.

She sighed annoyed. "Fiiiiine. Ruining my fun." She sat up leaning in her chair. "To answer your question, no, I don't think he will make that connection. Probably make some snarky flirty remark, but that's about it. Can you handle that?"

Could he? Eddie always flirted with him whenever they hung out. Sure he would stutter and have the option to hide away but he won't have that luxury behind the wheel. He couldn't crash the car. Dustin would kill him for killing himself and Eddie and well, that was just stupid. He sat up as well, swinging his leg on the table as he chewed his thumb nail thinking. "Yes."

Robin raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Yes what?"

Steve ran a hand through his hair, tossing his hat off. "Yes I can handle his dumb flirting. I'll just have to flirt back."

"Oh man I wish I could see you crash and burn attempting that ." The blonde snickered, smiling at him.

"Hey! I can flirt just fine, asshole." He was offended that she assumed he couldn't flirt with Munson.

Her stare was deadpan. "Steve. Steven. Stevie boy. I've watched you try to flirt with Eddie, you get all tongue tied and stumble over your words. You cannot flirt with him."

Steve was about to protest when the little bell in the front went off signaling a customer at the counter. He was going to make them wait but the voice that followed had him falling back in his chair.

"Ahoy sailor! I've returned to be whisked away on your mighty vessel to ferry me onward to my home!" Eddie called from the front.

Robin came out of the break room laughing, wiping the tears from her eyes. "Hey Eds haha, oh wow. The dingus will be out shortly. Oh man."