two

"fuck..." i whisper as rafe falls back onto the bed. i begin to find my breath and look over towards him.

"do you even sail this thing? i don't think i've ever saw it out of this spot." i say, referring to the yacht we're on.

"sometimes. whenever i feel like it." he says and looks at me and i look back at the ceiling.

i get up and grab my clothes to put back on. he watches me as i do, and it makes me feel a bit insecure when he does.

"i've gotta go, but i'll see you later, dickface." i say and grab my phone from the side table.

"you know you love me, princess." he says as i leave and i roll my eyes.

his family and my family are having dinner tonight. every thursday, without fail. it's the only day that everyone is more or less free. and since it's summer, and i'm not at college, everyone is there.

i head out the boat, clean my mascara up a bit and put my hair behind my ears and jump off the boat and onto the deck.

as i walk to my house, i check the time. shit, 6:33! i have like half an hour to get ready.

i hear a car behind me and it's the van that kiara practically lives in.

it drives past me then stops suddenly and i frown as i walk. the door slides open and kie pops out

"need a ride?" she offers and i let out a breathy laugh.

"how did you know?" i say as i get in the van.

"i'm a mind reader." she says and holds her temples with her index fingers.

"you know how to get to my house right?" i ask john b and he nods.

"of course i do, your highness." he says and i laugh.

"hey j, you got anything i can have? i'll pay." i ask him and he pulls out a blunt.

"no need to pay, think of it as a gift." he says as i am about to rummage through my pockets.

"ah, nice." i say with a smile and i punch popes arm.

"how's your scholarship?" i ask and he smiles.

"hopefully, pretty good. i just want to get out of this place, you know?" he says and i nod

"yeah. i get it. believe me, college will be the best thing you ever experience, i promise you kid." i say and the van comes to a stop.

"here you are milady!" kie says as she opens the door and i thank her.

"for gas." i say and give john b $20

"pleasure doing business with you." he says and tips his hat to which i laugh.

i wave then bye and head inside.

i change into white dress with small blue flowers around it. i pair it with some white heels.

i begin to french braid my hair and my phone dings. once i finish my first braid, i open the message to see it's from wheezie and i smile.

wheez
hey, we're heading over in 10

bon
okay, i love you

wheez
i love you

i rush my other braid and reapply my makeup, which just consists of mascara, some blush and lip balm.

since the sun has been out my skin has been more clear and tanned. therefore, my base makeup is irrelevant.

the doorbell rings and i practically run down my stairs, to which bobby follows. my mom warns me to be careful as she goes to grab the door. sarah and wheez hug me right away and i hug rose and ward afterwards.