Making eye contact with Beverly, Will scrunched up his eyebrows when Beverly stared back with a smug look on her face. “You’re not the only one who knows their artwork, pretty boy.”

Will felt his face heat up with embarrassment when everyone, except Jack, chuckled in amusement. He could feel Hannibal staring at him but Will chose to look away, opting to stare at the dead corpse instead.

"He's escalating," Will commented, his comment gaining everyone's attention.

"It's the Ripper then?" Jack asked.

Will looked back at Jack. "Yes."

"Wrap everything up," Jack hollered, causing everyone in the room to quicken their pace. Will and Hannibal stood in the corner of the hall, watching as all the agents and officers busied themselves with whatever task was assigned to them.

“Once again, I apologise if I may have startled you with my call,” Hannibal spoke, breaking the silence between them. “I just thought it would be better if I was the one that made the call and not Agent Crawford.”

“It’s quite alright. I’m glad it was you that called and not Jack.” Will waved off, his shoulders relaxing. After a few beats of silence, Will spoke again. "Aren't you going to berate me for taking up cases?" Will asked, his body leaning against the wall behind him.

"You should have told me," was all Hannibal said, his voice soft and calm.

"I was going to. I was going to tell you during our next meeting." Will frowned, his head slightly turning to face Hannibal.

"And how are you doing? It's been a few days since your recent case." Hannibal asked, his tone comforting and filled with concern.

"I've been keeping myself busy. I surprised the students with a test yesterday and they didn't seem to like that," Will answered, an amused smile replacing the frown on his face.

"It seems their professor is keeping them on their toes," Hannibal mused, his eyes crinkling in humour.

"I didn't want them to forget their lessons." Was all Will mumbled before they were interrupted by a startled yell.

One of the people tasked with getting the body down had let go of the rope, causing the body to slam hard into the ground. Will turned to face the noise, only to find himself staring at the ropes that were tied onto the corpse. It was the same kind of knot that was used on Nichols' body.

"The knots," Will mumbled.

"Pardon?" Hannibal questioned, his gaze following that of Wills.

"Nevermind," Will answered as he shook his head.

***
It was now five in the morning and most of the officers had left. This meant that the BSU was finally allowed to leave as well.

"Email all the pictures you took and any additional details," Will requested before stifling a yawn.

"You're heading home?" Beverly asked as she took a sip of her coffee. Will nodded. He was utterly exhausted and couldn't wait to collapse on his bed. He'd probably let his dogs sleep with him, craving the warmth their bodies emitted.

"I saw you were getting chummy with Dr Lecter," Beverly spoke, her eyebrows wiggling suggestively. She burst out in laughter at the baffled look on Will's face.

"I'm too tired for this," Will replied before he walked away. He frowned when he could still hear Beverly's cackling. Walking out of the theatre, he met Jack and Hannibal.

"Going home?" Jack asked, stopping his conversation with Hannibal.

"I'm not needed here anymore. Call me if there's anything else I can do, but try not to." Will answered, his eyes threatening to shut.

"I shall also take my leave," Hannibal spoke. Although an unusual look on the doctor, it was evident that Hannibal was also exhausted.

"We'll contact you if there is anything," Jack answered back before parting ways with the profiler and psychiatrist.

"Shall we?" Will asked, gesturing to the streets. The two of them made their way towards Will's car, the closest to the theatre.

Standing next to it, Will couldn't control himself as he broke out into a yawn. Rubbing his eyes, Will muttered a soft 'sorry' before fishing out his keys.

"I don't believe it's quite safe for you to drive in this condition," Hannibal spoke, his frown deepening when Will waved him off.

"I'll be fine."

"My house is much closer. You are more than welcome to get a few hours of rest before you head back." Hannibal suggested.

Will simply shook his head. "I left the dogs alone. I need to get back."

"Alright then," Hannibal paused for a moment before continuing. "How about a cup of coffee before you leave? That should help with the long drive home?"

It was Will's turn to frown. "I don't want to bother you. I'll be able to man-"

"Please, I insist. It would be rude of me not to help in any way." Hannibal interrupted. It was something he wouldn't usually do. Will could easily tell that Hannibal was not comfortable with Will driving in this condition.

All Will could do was sigh in defeat. The sound of coffee seemed enticing so Will, reluctantly, agreed. "Alright then. Lead the way, Doctor."

Will would end up regretting his decision.

A/N. Above image is the Vitruvian Man.

Thank you for reading.