"Will," Jack greeted. "I need you on a case-"

Instead of letting Jack continue, Will interrupted him feeling that it did justice for his interrupted class. "I also remember telling you that I was done with cases." Will chided, as he turned around to put back his teaching material into his messenger bag. "I'm sure there are other agents who are willing to help you."

"Will," Jack growled. "I'm not asking."

Eyebrows furrowing at the tone, Will spun around to meet Jack. The head of the BSU seemed troubled. Gripping his bag in anger, Will let out a soft exhale. "Jack, I can't. I told you that I won't be able to handle it all."

After being unable to save Abigail Hobbs from her father, Will decided that he couldn't cope with the stress and trauma so he pleaded with Jack to let him off. Of course, Jack was reluctant but he finally caved. Months passed as Will lived in peace without a call from anyone other than Alana, who called to check on him. Will should have realised that his peace was temporary.

"It's the Ripper."

At that, Will felt his composure crack. This was why Jack seemed unusual. He knew how badly the Chesapeake Ripper affected Jack and how desperate the man was to catch the Ripper. Helpless. That's what Will felt at this moment. Will knew that without his help, the Ripper had the chance to walk away without being caught. That the Ripper had the chance to hurt more people.

"Fine," Will caved as Jack let out an exhale in relief. "However, if I feel that I won't be able to handle things, let me walk away."

Will cringed at how weak he sounded but he had no choice. He needed to say this.

"Alright. I won't push you too far." Jack promised, his voice was sincere enough to make Will believe that Jack wasn't deceiving him. "I need to analyse the crime scene now."

Nodding, Will followed Jack out of the classroom. "How long since the last victim had been found?" Will asked, keeping up with the agent.

"Not long. The body was reported when the neighbour went around to see why the alarm had gone off. I've sent the team out and they say that it's the ripper but I need you to confirm that it is indeed the ripper." Jack began explaining the case. Every serial killer had some sort of MO or signature they liked to leave behind. While the Ripper had a multitude of them, one of them being the missing organs.  Will's mind drifts to when there was a paramedic who harvested people's organs and was mistaken for the Ripper.

“Did you call Dr Lecter?” Will asked, his eyes travelling to Jack.

“Not yet,” Jack replied. “I need to make sure it's the Ripper and not a copycat.”

Jack had decided that it would be best that they carpooled to the crime scene. Will was partially grateful since he didn't feel like driving but he also knew that Jack had a hidden innuendo about this. If Will carpooled with Jack, he wouldn't be able to drive off when he pleased.

The drive wasn't that long and neither was it pleasant. There wasn't any problem with Jack's driving. The entire ride has been deadly quiet save for the steady thrum of the engine. The silence meant that Will had to find entertainment by himself which usually wouldn't be a problem, but this time, he feared that he would venture into the deepest part of the abyss that people call imagination.

Thanking whatever deity was above, Will quickly got out of the car and waited till Jack stood next to him. Taking in his surroundings, Will found himself staring at a house that cost more than Will could even bear to afford. It wasn't like Hannibal's house, which gave off more of a vintage yet comforting vibe. This house emanated a cold atmosphere. Almost like everything was for show.