𝓢𝓔𝓡𝓘𝓔𝓢 𝓞𝓝𝓔 ❣︎ 4

शुरू से प्रारंभ करें:

However, she was not getting used to this. At most, she would be spending half a session with this woman. If all went according to plan. Which, of course, it would.

So, when Weems drove her to Jericho and dropped her off, she already knew what she was going to do.

"Dr Kinbott's office is on the second floor," Weems told her. "Other Nevermore students swear by her."

"And you'll be waiting here until I'm done?" Ember checked. She had to know where Weems was going to be every second of her escape.

The principal just smiled warmly at her, however. "Perhaps, afterwards, we can visit the Weathervane for hot chocolate."

The Weathervane was the coffee shop in Jericho. And Ember was not doing all that. "Principal Weems, these attempts to bond with me are beneath you. Don't think I can't see what you're doing."

And with that, she left the car with her bag (in which Thing lay) and went to shut the door firmly.

Before Weems stopped her. "Given your history, I'm sure you're intent upon running away. I'm here to prevent that from happening."

Ember raised her eyebrows. "Well then I wish you luck."

She actually did go to Dr Kinbott's office, but she didn't plan on staying there for very long.

"I read the notes from your school counselor," Kinbott's told her as she led Ember into her office.

"Mrs Bronstein. She had a panic attack after our last session and had to take a six month sabbatical," Ember said flatly, walking in and sitting down where she was told to.

"And how did you feel about that?" Dr Kinbott asked. She had very blonde hair, a fringe, and very wide set eyes that gave her a rather sly look. Ember also noticed a half-moon necklace resting on her breast.

"I felt like I had finally found my true purpose in the world," Ember replied. "But someone who enjoys knitting as a hobby isn't a worth adversary."

"Adversary?" Kinbott asked. "I hope we can forge a relationship based on trust and mutual respect."

Ember gave a straight faced scoff.

"This is a safe space, Ember, a sanctuary where we can discuss anything," Kinbott said kindly. "What you're thinking, feeling, your views on the world, personal philosophy."

"That's easy," Ember said. "I think this is a waste of my time, I see the world as a place that must be endured, and my personal philosophy is do or die."

"So, for instance, when someone bullies your cousin, your response is to dump piranhas in the pool."

"You know the old saying, never bring a knife to a sword fight," Ember shot back. "Unless it's concealed."

"Point is, you assaulted a boy and showed no remorse for your actions!" Kinbott said, almost unbelievably. "That's why you're here-"

"That was only half me," Ember said. "My cousin, Wednesday, was also a partner in the act. The only reason she isn't here is because she bribed her parents out of it."

𝓓𝓸 𝓸𝓻 𝓓𝓲𝓮 ❣︎ 𝓔𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝓐𝓭𝓭𝓪𝓶𝓼जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें