𝓢𝓔𝓡𝓘𝓔𝓢 𝓞𝓝𝓔 ❣︎ 4

Začít od začátku

Ember was just writing more of Wednesday's story on the typewriter. She was kinda getting used to it by now.

That was when she heard a certain scuttling from her right side. She then turned and saw a bump in the duvet of her bed.

She knew exactly what was going on know.

"I knew it!" She said, when she tugged the duvet half off her bed, seeing the severed hand. "Hello, Thing."

Thing was, indeed, a severed hand, with several stitches all over. Ember didn't know quite how he had come into the Addams family, but he had been a good friend of theirs for ages.

Anyways, as Thing tried to escape, Ember hastened to lunge across and pull him from the bedstead he was now clinging to. She held him up, watching as his fingers withered.

"Did you think my highly trained olfactory sense wouldn't pick up on the faint whiff of neroli and bergamot in your favourite hand lotion?" Ember asked, holding the struggling hand. "I could do this all day," she challenged, slamming the hand onto her desk. "Surrender?"

Thing tapped his fingers in surrender. Ember slowly let go of him and he stood up on his fingers whilst Ember fixed a light on him. "Aunt and uncle send you to spy on Wednesday and I, didn't they?"

Thing waved his index finger in denial.

"I'm not afraid to break fingers," Ember warned. "Actually, I'm not afraid of anything."

Thing gave a small shrug of the severed wrist.

"The fact that they thought we wouldn't find out just proves how much they underestimate us," Ember said, more speaking to herself than Thing.

Nevertheless, he started to sign. They're worried about you two.

"Oh, Thing," Ember shook her head. "You poor naive appendage. They're not worried about me. They're just wanting to still be able to control me. Even from afar."

Her head snapped up more as she changed the subject. "The way I see it, you have two options."

Thing tried to run away, but Ember caught him again, opening one of her desk drawers and hovering the hand over it as he struggled. "Option one, I lock you in here for the rest of the semester, and you go slowly insane trying to claw your way out... ruining your nails and your smooth supple skin. And I know how vain you are."

Thing's nails dragged against the edge of the desk and left marks, but Ember didn't even register it.

"Option two," she went on, placing Thing back on the desk and letting him 'stand' again. "You pledge your undying loyalty to me."

Slowly, Thing decided, and bowed down on his fingers.

"Our first order of business is to escape this teenage purgatory," Ember told him.

He did a sign. Do you have a plan?

"Of course," Ember smirked. "And it begins now."

❣︎❣︎❣︎

Therapy wasn't something Ember wanted, but it had just kind of become a thing to her now. She had had to deal with it for several years, so she just had to get used to it.