𝐢.| 𝐇𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

You packed your bag, filling it with hoodies, Blankets, and different snacks. You were about to go to your friends house for a sleepover that you two have been excited about for the past week. A familiar ringtone rung in your ears as you grabbed the phone, picking it up it was an incoming call from 'shawty bae'. You greet your friend-

"Hey sherry!! You ready??" You ask the person on the other line. "Are you serious [Y/N]? Of course, we've been planning this for a whole week." They spoke as you let out a chuckle. "Listen, I heard that there were a bunch of creeps hanging around the streets, so you better be careful." They warned you as you eye the pepper spray and pocket knife before stuffing it in your pockets.

"Okay... so I'll see you in a bit, right?" You ask as they replied with a- ".....right." before ending the call. You quickly sling the bag up your shoulder as you walk out the door, FORGETTING TO LOCK IT.

You trek down the street, your feet making contact with the gravel underneath as it made crunchy sounds. It was terrifyingly dark, the only thing illuminating the path was the stars and the flashlight on your phone. It was eerily quiet, which was unusual since there would be teenagers yelling at their monitors and dogs barking all night. It was also very windy today.

A somewhat quiet sob reached your ears as you stop dead in your tracks. Listening further, there were sniffles coming from somewhere before you. Following the sound quietly, you come before a dark alleyway. It seems that it was where the crying sound came clearer. 'Should I go in? It might be a trick, but what if someone really needs help?!?' You thought while panicking.

Eventually you decided to walk in to the alleyway, but not without your pepper spray. Just in case someone jumps at you. A small figure curled up on the ground came to your view. He was crying, soft sniffles and sobs echoed throughout the alleyway as you poked your head behind a wall. "Hello?" You asked as he flinched, his turquoise eyes  holding fear as he hugged his knees tighter.

"Are...you okay?..." you ask, unsure on what to do. "Who are you? What do you want?!" He asked as his voice cowered in fear, yet he still demands answers. You walk closer, slow and steady trying not to give him the wrong idea. "Uhm... miss... I think you should- OH DEAR LORD YOUR NAKED-" You quickly covered your eyes, blushing in embarrassment as your dumbassery mistook the guy as a female.

You kept muttering apologies while rummaging through your bag looking for an extra hoodie that you could lend him. Upon noticing a black hoodie and dark blue leggings, you covered your eyes with your hand, facing the opposite direction of him while holding the clothes up. "ᴾˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗʰⁱˢ" you whispered pathetically as the boy kept looking at you before snatching the clothing from your hand.

After a few minutes, he was done. "Thank you for lending me these. I must say, these clothes are quite unfamiliar. Are you perhaps from a different nation?" The man-child spoke fancy words that your tiny brain cell couldn't understand, so you replied with- "what do you mean, miss? These are regular clothes that everyone wears..." you said as a surprised expression adorned his face before he chuckled.

"Oh I see... please stop with calling me a miss when I'm a guy." And there you were at it again, muttering apologies and bowing 180 while cursing at yourself. "Ah it's okay! But may I ask, where am I?" He asked, looking around while inspecting the alleyway. "Ah, your in Japan! Though I can't speak Japanese very properly." You answered as you both walked out of the alleyway. 'That's suspicious. That's weird. Why would you forget?' You thought to yourself.

Once you made it out of that place, you ask him- "do you live here nearby?" You spoke. "No, not really. I live in a different nation." He replied as you jaw almost dropped to the ground. "What?! Where will you go then??" You ask, worried for the shorter male. "To be honest, I don't know myself." He answered while walking besides you. "Then you should take cover at my house! I can't let you walk around here at night, especially with those creeps around..." you said.

The shorter male stopped, his turquoise eyes meeting your as he wore a shocked expression. "You...your willing to do that? For...me?" He asks with disbelief lingering his voice. "Yup! You can stay as long as you want!" You said cheerfully. Tears pricked the corner of his eyes as he smiled. "Thak you. ʸᵒᵘ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃⁿ ᵃⁿᵍᵉˡ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᶜʳᵘᵉˡ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ." He whispered the last part, which you did not hear.

Taking your hand out, you introduce yourself. "I'm [Y/N], Feel free to call me [N/N] though!" You said as he shook your hand, holding it tightly. "I'm Venti, hope we can be close friends." Yet for some reason, it felt wrong of him to say that. Friends. You walk to your door, UNLOCKING IT with your KEYS as you invite him in. "Make yourself at home!" You said he glanced around in awe.

You let him do his exploring as you quickly pull out your phone to call them. "Hey [Y/N], did something happen?! Are you okay?!" They asked, worried. "Yeah uhm... I'm fine but something came up and I couldn't come. We can plan it next time though!" you said, twiddling with the hem of your shirt. "It's okay, maybe we can do it later. Bye!" They spoke, ending the call before you could reply. "Bye..."

You sigh, turning around to only find Venti staring at your phone suspiciously. "What's this?" He asks, clueless. You scrunched up your face in confusion. "You- you don't know what this is??" You asked as he shook his head.

Dear lord, you have a lot of explaining to do.

Or is it that you need answers to his suspicious behavior?

1035 words

Fun fact!
[Y/N] is 5'6, is that even
considered as tall? Because
the author is really dumb.

Yan!Genshin x reader
©   WalkingMisfortune // 13.4.2023