‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎His eyes close under the warmth.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Because he killed the boy he loved with his life, he's unworthy. But Neteyam is selfish, he will take everything he can get and keep it to his chest like a shiny treasure.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ And Kew ‎is the most beautiful a treasure can get.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Neteyam opens his eyes again.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎The metkayina na'vi surround him and the rest of his family, the sand is coarse under his feet. Their banshees are chirping behind them as they wait for acceptance to stay.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Tonowari turned to the rest of them and took a deep breath "Toruk Makto and his family will stay with us, treat them as our brothers and sisters."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"But they do not know the sea," He turned to them in amusement "So they will be like babies taking their first breath. Teach them our ways so that they do not suffer the shame of being useless."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"What do we say?"

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Thank you." Neteyam and his siblings echoed together.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"My sons, Kew'Itan and Ao'nung, our daughter, Tsireya." The man pointed vaguely at the direction of his children, Tsireya was the girl that held Kew'Itan's hand "Will show your children what to do."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎"Neteyam." Tonowari turns to him and points at the boy Neteyam loves "My son, Kew'Itan."

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎And in another time Neteyam would have known that he had found the rest of his soul that moment.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎In another world they would have instantly hugged.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎But Neteyam is alright with now, with his head on his lover's chest listening to soft breaths as his hair is run through with delicate hands.

‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎The ground could disappear right under his feet and it would be fine, the world is in his arms.

AT THE END OF THE WORLD.

— FINAL NOTESI've been working on this for months now

— FINAL NOTES
I've been working on this for months now.
Ever since I came up with this story my mind hasn't been able to concentrate on anything else.
I'm happy to finally press the complete button.

Now, all of the quotes I used:

PROLOGUE QUOTE