⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚chapter 16˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"what's will doing?" el sighed rolling over in bed

"i said, he's making a new painting."

"so?"

"he's not letting anyone see it, not even joyce!" el exclaimed

"strange, i'll ask him about it. he shows me anything he makes," mike smiled to himself, he felt proud that he was the only one will would trust with his drawings.

"whatever you say micheal," el giggled. the two continued talking but mike had to admit he was struggling to pay attention. mike just kept bringing up will and el was starting to get annoyed, "hey mike, i have to go."

"oh really? that sucks," she could tell he was faking his sadness

"yeah bye."

"byee!" she hung up and threw her phone across the bed. el wasn't an idiot, she knew mike loved her brother, but how could he not see her. she got up and knocked on will's door, she heard some rustling before a meek 'come in'. she opened the door and was surprised to see richie sitting on will's bed reading a magazine.

"hey el!" will greet smiling at his sister

"hi," she muttered staring richie down.

"did you need something?" richie huffed and continued shuffling through his magazine.

"i was wondering if you've seen any of my hair clamps," el tried to smile. before she could leave the room will got a phone call.

"mike again?" richie rolled his eyes

"yeah," el was stunned to see will hit ignore

"you're not gonna pick that up?"

"well im hanging out with richie, he knows that," will started to giggled when richie began to shuffle closer. el felt herself about to vomit.

"oh, well bye i guess," she shut will's door and felt very confused.

"so he really does love him?" mike draped himself dramatically over the basement couch.

"i don't know what to tell you, fake dating never works." lucas rolled his eyes

"yeah! it only works in like fanfic," dustin scoffed and everyone nodded

"and even then it fails," max added and everyone agreed. mike simply groaned.

"you guys aren't helping!" he sat up. before he could go on a rant the basement door opened. a very out of breath will ran down the stairs.

"i came as fast as i can!" will was a bit taken aback that mike hadn't mentioned the whole party was here, "what's happening?"

"are you in love with richie?!" mike immediately blurted

"what?! no!" will slightly whispered

"yeah? so ignoring my calls for him is totally because you hate him, right?" mike scoffed. the room grew silent.

"you wanted me to date him, i need him to think that im putting him over you guys," will defended. the room grew uncomfortable.

"hey will, can you help me with my bike real quick?" dustin asked quickly

"uh, sure." the two went back upstairs.

"i don't really need help, i just wanted to get outta there and you were the only tolerable person." will nodded as the two stepped outside. will thought for a second and decided to ask dustin the risky question.

"do you think this 'prank' will bring back the party?"

"no." dustin answered quickly. will felt himself shrink into himself, "i know you miss playing dnd, i do too! i mean, im this close to joining another party! you should join one with me," dustin smiled but will kept frowning.

"no, it's not possible for me to abandon our party." dustin nodded

"well, im lookin, so if you ever become interested just let me know." dustin patted will's shoulder then went back inside. will sat there for a bit feeling very lost. he was doing this for the party but what if dustin was right? what if nothing changed?