Moving Day

Nessa
"Is that the last of it," I hear mom say as i walk downstairs with my final box. "I think so," I state putting the box in the back of my car. How I love my car.

With tears dwelling in my eyes I say "Well I have to go help Madi so I guess this is goodbye for now". Madi was my best friend since birth, and we have been inseparable since. Mom pulls me into a deep long hug and I hear her mutter through her tears "I love you so much and I cant even tell you how proud I am of you"

"Ill miss you mom" I choke on tears trying to pull away. She eventually let go and we said our final goodbyes.

I walk out the door and hear mon yell, "Tell Madi I say goodbye and I love her," "will do" I reply

I pull up to Madi's house and ring her doorbell while admiring the house for the last time for a while. She answers the door and hugs me saying "ready?," "ready as ill ever be".

I help her put her boxes in the back of the car and she said goodbye to her family. She has more family than I do so it took a bit longer, but I love her family so I didnt mind.

As we were about to leave I feel a tiny pair of hands wrap around my waist, "I dont want you guys to leave". I look down and see a very teary eyed brunette girl, Madi's 7 year old sister Harley. I crouch down so im at her level "sorry bud but we have to, we will be back for the holidays though".

I was always so close with Madi that our families all pretty much became one over time, so Harley was basically the little sister I never had.

"Who am I going to play dolls with untill then?," "Well I don-" my sentence is cut short by Madi's older brother Brayden saying "I will play dolls with you untill she gets back Harley".

I used to have a thing for Brayden when we were younger, but it caused a huge fight between me and Madi so I put those feelings away. Now that I'm leaving, I'm not entirely sure those feelings are gone.

"It wont be the same, but I guess" Harley says with tears still coating her face

She releases her hands from my arm and makes me pinky promise that we will come back. I gladly lock my finger with hers and hug her goodbye.

"Bye Bray" I say waving to him. "Come on i've known you for 18 years and all I get is a wave goodbye? Come give me a proper goodbye" he says. He opens his arms meaning he wants a hug and I hesitantly accept, but when i'm actually hugging him. Its confirmed. My feelings are definitely still there.

im snapped out of my thoughts by Madi saying shes ready to leave. i look up after releasing Brayden and say "bye bray," he looks down and gives me a quick "bye nessie" and then i walk out the door

Once Madi and I are in my car we start talking about how exited we are, "I cant believe this day is actually here!" she squeals. "I know, I can remember talking about this when we were 12," I say remembering those days.

She takes a picture of us while pulling into the srarbucks drive through and posts it on her insta.

Madi_Marloweee - moving to miami with bestie!! @ness_bardott10,345 likesCOMMENTSness_bardott - love you bestie🤍Madi_Marloweee -^ love you more🤍🤍duhitsbrayden - yall shoulda taken me with youMadi_Marloweee -^ you could have comeduhitsbrayden -^ ...

10,345 likes
COMMENTS
ness_bardott - love you bestie🤍
Madi_Marloweee -^ love you more🤍🤍
duhitsbrayden - yall shoulda taken me with you
Madi_Marloweee -^ you could have come
duhitsbrayden -^ and sleep where? The floor? Fuck that
Someonerandom77888923 -^ love the sibling love hate relationship
User25673 - yall are gorg😘
Melanie.Rodriquez - WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU GUYS WERE MOVINGGGG
Madi_Marloweee -^ because you would have overreacted like you just did
LOAD MORE

Madi
"Holy shit that picture already has over 10k likes and its only been up for like 5 mins" I gasp. "Really? Wow were famous" Ness jokes while sipping her strawberry açaí with 3 pumps of raspberry.

The drive from New Jersey to Miami is about a 2 day drive so we will be stopping at a hotel tonight.

About an hour and a half into the drive we stop at a gas station for snacks, gas and a bathroom break. While Ness is getting gas I was on snack duty. I just chose some ms vickies salt and vinegar chips and chocolate bars.

"Got the snacks" I say getting back into my spot in the car. "Oooooh let me see" she said like a kid on Christmas day. "Omg you know me so well I love salt and vinegar" she said violently ripping open the bag.

"Have I ever told you how much I love your car?" I ask, "yes multiple times but I love it too so i dont blame you" she replied petting her dashboard.

A few hours later its reached night so we check into a holiday inn in North Carolina for the night. Its a tradition with us where no matter how tired we are, if theres a pool we use it. So we quickly grabbed a swim suit from our backpacks and went for a 20 min swim. We were both pretty tired from driving for so long we got back to the room and crashed basically immediately.

*****

The next morning Ness' alarm goes off at 6:30 sharp. "Ughhhh do we have to get up now" I groan at the sound of the alarm. "Sadly yes if we want to make it to Miami by 6" I let out a sigh and got up to get ready "just think in a few short hours we will be living in our dream apartment, in our dream city, and doing it all with eachother" she continued

I decided to wear a simple long sleeve white shirt, black mom jeans with some sunglasses. Ness' out fit was almost tbe same as mine but her shirt had some little details on it and had looser sleeves.

Today we switched and I was doing the driving from North Carolina to Miami.

She took a selfie of us when we got in the car and decided to post it on her insta today.

ness_bardott - road trip day 2🤍 @Madi_Marloweee21,578 likesCOMMENTSMadi_Marloweee - fav person😘🤍ness_bardott -^ same here🤍duhitsbrayden - too late for you to come get me?? Melanie

21,578 likes
COMMENTS
Madi_Marloweee - fav person😘🤍
ness_bardott -^ same here🤍
duhitsbrayden - too late for you to come get me??
Melanie.Rodriquez - gorgeous girls🥰😍
ness_bardott - 🪞🪞🪞
User2253 - bsf goals

After a long drive were here, finally here.

—————————————————————————
What do you think so far?? Like i said this is my first book so dont judge to hard but please give suggestions they are very helpful
- Your author