School dance

Machi POV 

I taped a flyer for the school dance on the corridor wall "Phew this is harder than I thought." I sad, wiping the sweat from my forehead. I've been running around the building for at least two hours now, putting up these flyers, this school is huge!

 "Machi! You done yet!?" Kalluto asked, walking down the corridor toward me, apparently done with his stack already.

 "How!?" I said exasperaredly "you have to be using some kind of, magic!"                                                                                           Kalluto smiled "I'm good with paper, and plus, I've been doing this job for ever!"

I laughed as I taped up the last flyer onto the wall "welp, I finally finished my stack."

 "Lets get a quick drink then head over to Paku's?" Kalluto suggested. I nodded, hoping Shizuku would be there.

We walked over to the vending machines, I got a juice and Kalluto got water. I popped open the cap and chugged my lemonade down. It felt good, like a waterfall inside my body, washing away all my worries, doubts, and exhaustion for a second.

After Kalluto finished his bottle of water, we walked over to Paku's place, which was not to far away, it was only a few miles from Hunter High, so they could walk there okay.

When they reached her doorstep, after a few minutes, Kalluto gently knocked on her door, using only his pointer finger where his two finger bones met.

The door opend, Pakunoda was standing there, she had a scarlet hoodie and a black jean skirt on, finished with scarlet stockings, matching with her top.

 "Hello~!" I said, smiling at Pakunoda " I love you fit today, it looks amazing! "

 "Thank you, uh,, you can come in now!" She said, moving aside, offering us to come inside.

I slid off my pink sneakers and Kalluto took of his purple ones. "Is Shizuku here?" I asked Paku when we settled in.

 "Shizuku, she said she was going over to Chrollo's to play videogames with the dudes, but she could come next time." Pakunoda explained, sinking deeper into her warm armchair.

I sunk back in disappointment "She's always hanging with the guys, when is 'next time'?"

 "I'm sure she will have time to spend with us some other time, like, maybe on spring break, or the school dance!" Kalluto exclaimed " Pakunoda, have you heard about the school dance yet?? Me and Machi were just putting up the flyers earlier. "

Pakunoda sighed "the people who put up the flyers always get the information for events first" she pouted

 "I know right,, that's part of the reason I love the job!" Kalluto said, what he said next,  couldn't hear, I was drowning deeper and deeper into my thoughts. 

I thought of Shizuku, will she really have time for us, will she have time for me, even though her life is practically centered around hanging out with the boys? I hurried my face in my hands in frustration, all this friend stuff is so frustrating!!

 "Machi!!" Kalluto screamed, shaking me violently "Machi are you alright??" I looked up "I'm sorry, I just was lost in thought... But I'm okay!"I reassured him, smiling weakly

" Machi, I am sure Shizuku hasn't abandoned us, she just has new friends,  I'm sure she'll still have time with us. " I nodded, faking my smile. "I-I probably should get going, you know my mom must be worried about me!" I said quickly, as an excuse to leave Paku's house. I didn't want them to see me cry.