Chapter 22

"Paddy!"

"Okay, wand, check, James and Lily are on their way, bag, check, Minnie knows-"

"Paddy!"

"Okay, umm...u-uh-"

"Sirius!"

He turns to look at Annabelle who is panting heavily as he rushes around the room, "If you don't get me to the hospital, right now, I will shove my foot so far up your arse I'll be able to tie my laces through your mouth!"

His eyes widen in fear and he slings the last bag over his shoulder as he rushes to her side and helps her into the Floo system.

"Nurse! Doctor! Surgeon!"

"I don't need a surgeon!"

"Never mind, no surgeon."

Annabelle rolls her eyes as she waddles over to the reception desk and an old witch looks up at her in annoyance, "I need a doctor."

"Name?"

"Annabelle Black."

"How can we help you today?"

She sends an annoyed look to her husband over her shoulder as her hand tightly closes around the pillow in her hand, "I'm about to push a baby out of my va-"

"My wife is very pregnant, Miss. And, we'd appreciate it if she could have a room, the baby is almost here, and-"

Before he can finish a pair of nurses are ushering them into a room, he runs around the room placing bags in any free space he can find as Annabelle yells out in pain.

Her Doctor, Doctor Smith, arrives soon, Sirius holds her hand when she yells out in pain, yelping but not commenting on the amount of pressure on his hand. "Sirius, you did this to me!" She yells at him.

"She's almost here."

"She?" The pair yell out and the doctor nods.

"One more push, Mrs. Black, you can do it."

Sirius' eyes widen when he hears a pop from the hand that Annabelle is clinging to, "Ow! Ow!"

"Shut up!"

"You're hurting me."

"This baby is hurting me!"

A soft cry breaks the pair apart as the Doctor brings the baby out, they quickly clean her up and wrap her in the soft grey blanket the pair had already brought with 'Alex' sewn into the fabric.

Sirius rushes over, forgetting his wife whose muttering names under her breath, as he takes the small girl in his hands.

He walks back over to Annabelle, slightly bending his knee so she can see the small baby that has stopped crying and instead lies peacefully in her father's arms. "She's beautiful."

Carefully, the newly father hands over his daughter, Annabelle smiles when she looks down at her daughter, the pain she had felt moments ago gone as she gently strokes Alex's cheek.

"Hello, Alexandra."

"Alexandra?"

Sirius nods, "Yeah, thought we'd change it up a bit if she was a girl, which she is, I'm right."

Annabelle smiles up at him as he leans down to place a kiss on her lips, "Are we late?" James, Lily and Remus bound through the open door ignoring the protests of the nurses and doctors around them.

Lily gasps and waddles over to them smiling down at the new born, "Can I?"

Annabelle nods as Lily gently takes the baby and James walks up beside her, Remus smiles and hands Annabelle a bar of chocolate and a bunch of flowers.

"I never thought Padfoot would be able to make one of these."

"One of these?" Lily questions raising a brow at the words he used.

James shrugs and gently strokes the baby's bald head.

"Jay, are you crying?" Annabelle questions.

He looks up and shakes his head as he sniffles causing the group to let out little laughs, "N-No. Okay, fine, but look at her, my little Goddaughter. Hi, Padfoot the second."

"Padfoot the second?" Remus chuckles.

James nods, not taking his gaze away from his wife and the baby, he can't wait for when his own baby arrives.

"Look at this, one big, happy family and growing," Sirius says placing a hand on his wife's shoulder, "Now we just need to get Moony a woman."

"No, thank you, I'm fine with being the cool uncle."

"Moony, we need to discuss the meaning of cool, Mr. I-read-books-for-fun."

"Hey!"

"But when you do it, it's cute my lovely-and beautiful-wife."