Chapter 16

There's a silence that fills the dining room, they've been fighting for a little over three months now, looking for Death Eaters and followers of the Dark Lord. The cutlery clatters as the two couples eat in silence.

Annabelle shift uncomfortably, she hadn't long been home from a fight with a very vicious Death Eater. Sirius grips her hand under the table silently squeezing for reassurance, she squeezes back not taking her eyes from the barely touched food on her plate.

"We have something to tell you."

She looks up and smiles at the excited grin on Lily's face, "James proposed!"

"That's amazing!"

Annabelle runs over to her two friends embracing them in a tight hug as Sirius claps James on the back.

"Have you decided on the dress yet? The date? There's so much to do? I'll help don't even worry about it! If any Death Eaters try to turn up on your special day I swear I'll shove my wand so far up their-"

"Annie," James cuts her off with a chuckle, "We don't need any help yet. We've decided we're going to wait a while."

"Oh my God, are you pregnant? Is this like an impulse decision?"

Lily giggles and shakes her head, "No, I'm not pregnant, if I was you'd be the first to know."

"Hey!" James says slightly offended.

The two girls chuckle as Lily drags her best friend away from the dining room and upstairs to discuss the news.

~~~~~

Sirius sighs as he finally climbs into the bed beside Annabelle who is lying down and staring at the ceiling going over her mission tomorrow in her head.

"What would you say if we got married?"

She chokes and turns to look at Sirius who is staring at the ceiling where she was moments ago, "What?"

"Well, why not? Lily and James are, and I don't want a big wedding, we can go down to the closest court house and elope, right now."

"Please, tell me this isn't just because you want to beat Jay?"

He shakes his head as he scrambles around the room puling on jeans and a shirt, he kneels in front of her and pulls her to the edge of the bed. "Annabelle Louise McGonagall-"

"That's not my middle name."

"You refuse to tell me it so I'll make up my own."

"It's still not my middle name."

"Can I-?"

"Oh, yeah, for sure."

"Annabelle Margret McGonagall-"

"Still not my middle name."

"-I have loved you since we first met, you and your gorgeous blue eyes, the way you scrunch your nose when you're confused, the way your eyes light up when someone says 'love'. The way that, no matter how horrible the person, you seem to see the light inside of them and help them with their love. I love you, only you, I will always love you, I don't think I can love anything as much as I do you. So, will you do the honour of waking Remus Lupin up with me at almost three in the morning so we can have a last minute wedding with him as our witness because he's less likely to tell everyone."

She giggles and rolls her eyes, "Yes, Sirius Arsehole Black."

"That's not my middle name."

"Shut up and kiss me."