✦ Chapter 1 ✦

Start from the beginning

"Hes crazy fast."

The herd of high schoolers start to erupt in excitement. Meanwhile, Zack and his three goons were absolutely flabbergasted. [name] fought back a grin making its way to his face seeing the boxers stupid expression. 

Thats until something caught his attention. The new guy seemed to be in shock at his own actions, as if he wasnt used to doing this. 

"Hey.. Look, [name]'s watching.."

"[name]? Wow, the new kid must be special if hes caught the attention of even the sleeping beauty."

Zack furiously attempts more jabs at the other brunette but Daniel continues to avoid them. "This is getting boring.." [name] mumbles to himself with half-lidded eyes. He gazes down at his desk and begins zoning out. Getting lost in his own thoughts, the fight proceeds without his acknowledgment. 

By the time [name] came back into reality, the uproar had already died down. Based on what he had heard from his classmates conversations, apparently, the new kid had won. Zack had been knocked down from one punch. This interaction was all everyone had been talking about.

[name] furrows his eyebrows and sighs.

'Zack..'

───── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

[name] was a strange person. In the morning, he would have absolutely no energy. If you asked anyone who knew him, theyd say that the only thing theyve ever seen him do was sleep. When he first came to Jaewon, [name] had caught the attention of many students because of his pretty face. 

Many people had tried to approach him but he would always appear uninterested in everything and everyone. [name] was always dozing off into a deep nap and would sleep through classes. It was a mystery on how he managed to get passing grades. 

Based on his behaviors, he'd gotten the title of "Sleeping Beauty" at Jaewon high.

On the other hand, at night, [name] would get bursts of energy and would be unable to fall asleep. He would get all of his work that was supposed to be done in the day, completed at night. In other words, he had a pretty fucked up sleep schedule, which is actually not that abnormal for people his age.

[name] was currently on a run in the middle of the night. 

While he was watching videos online, he suddenly realized how unathletic he was and decided to do better. The area is quiet and all that can be heard are his loud pants.

Sometime later, [name] stops in his tracks to take a few breaths. 'Holy shit, im so out of shape.' He thinks to himself with wide eyes. 

The teen uses his arm to wipe some sweat off of his face before noticing a convenience store up ahead. He thinks for a moment and decides to go buy a drink to quench his thirst. He starts jogging to the store but eventually converts to walking seeing as how tired he was. 

[DING]

The door rings as he enters the small building.

As soon as he enters, he notices that there isnt anyone at the cashiers counter. 'They mightve gone to the restroom.' He goes to get a cold drink from the freezer. Looking around, he sits besides the counter and waits for the cashier to come back. 

Some minutes after, [name] groans and stands up. He puts the drink on the counter and exits the store. 'They have to be somewhere around here.'

The male walks around the area surrounding the convenience store until he hears some voices.

"You guys are bad guys."

A gruff voice is heard followed by some choking noises. 

[name] looks around the corner and he sees three familiar guys and a blonde girl running away from a guy with various tattoos covering his body. The gangster looking person begins conversing with two shorter people and [name] was about to leave before he saw the chubby mans uniform.

As [name] got closer, he could more clearly hear parts of the groups conversation. 

Vasco turns to the short brunette boy. "You know me? You from our school?"

"Yep. The Fashion Department."

"Fashion? Thats the transfer students class, right?"

[name] stands near the three and waits for them to finish talking. From what they were saying, he was supposedly schoolmates with them. 'Damn, he looked like he was atleast 30 or so. Who wouldve guessed he was a high schooler..' [name] sweatdrops at the tattooed man.

The [haircolor] haired male missed most of their words but the muscular guy was now crying. [name] thought that it was a good chance to cut in so he could finally pay for his drink. 

"Hey. You're the cashier." He lazily points at the chubby guys uniform. The three males look towards him and for some reason, Vasco starts to glare.

'Whats his problem..' [name] furrows his eyebrows.

"O-oh! Yeah.." Daniel sweats. 'I totally forgot about that..'

"Come on. I need to pay for my stuff." His words came out more hostile then he intended.

"Right..! S-sorry."

'I shouldve just stolen it..' [name] looks up at the dark sky.