Chapter Twenty-One

Start from the beginning

Alex- ain't no way Fatima did that.

Zac- well you know I didn't.

Alex- damn I didn't think she had it in her. Speaking of her... wassup with that?

Zac- I don't know man. I guess that's why she wanted me to come over tonight so we could talk.

Alex- well how you feeling?

Zac- I don't know bro.

Alex- Zac be real with me. Brother to brother, how you feeling about that?

Zac stared off into space thinking about his answer.. while the guys were talking downstairs, Fatima was upstairs getting dressed. Her mind was racing. She couldn't believe she caught another body. She never thought that she would have to go back to that lifestyle. She doesn't regret her decision though. She would kill for Zac any day. She's just glad that she made it back before it could get any worser than it did. After she cleaned herself up and got dressed she headed back down. As she was coming back down she could hear the guys' conversation...

Alex- yo *snapping his fingers* you still here?

Zac- yeah man my bad.

Alex- ain't even answer my question.

Zac- *rubbing his face* man I don't know how I feel. I don't know if I'm built for this

Alex- talk to me.

Zac just looks at him.

Alex- I promise no judgement zone.

Zac- *takes a deep breath* I don't know if I can handle this.

Alex- I'm listening bro.

Zac- I love that girl bro. With everything in me. Fatima gives me a feeling I can't explain. She's everything I ever wanted. I knew I wanted her to be my wife back in high school. These past couple of months without her have been hell man. I don't what else to say other than I'm still in love with her... but I love me more.

Alex- what you mean?

Zac- although this girl is everything to me, I can't let myself get hurt again. She left me twice. I'd be a damn fool to let it happen again. I can't. My heart can't take that. As much as I want Fatima I can't bro. That's the only reason I came is to tell her that I don't think it's good idea for us to start over again.

Alex- damn man, you sure?

Zac looks at him with tears in his eyes. Alex rubs his shoulder, and the tears that he's been holding this entire time begin to fall.

Alex- look man I don't know much about being in love and all that other shit but I do know that what you and that girl share is real Z. Fatima is just scared. She's always been scared especially coming up. You gotta admit when we were coming up we didn't exactly have a plan for our lives, and that drug shit wasn't quite ideal for us. When ol boy came along in high school she thought that was her way out. She thought that she would be better off even if it meant sacrificing her happiness. She needed that stability to feel safe. She loved you then. She never stopped, but she couldn't do it man. Now we focus on the most recent events that she's went through. That man was whooping her ass. Raping her whenever he got the chance. Hell he even killed her grandma, and you know how she felt about her. Bro she's been through a lot. I know it seems like it's not fair to you, but I just want you to look at both sides. Be patient with her but make sure you set the boundaries. I don't want you making a decision that I know you'll regret later on down the line.

Zac took in every word that Alex said to him. As he was wiping his face Fatima came around the corner. She cleared her throat, and the guys turned their heads. Her and Zac immediately lock eyes.