𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝕺𝖓𝖊 • 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵

⚔⚜⚔▏𝑯𝑶𝑷𝑬➶⌢➴ getting used to living fancily comes with realizations

⚔⚜⚔▏𝑯𝑶𝑷𝑬
➶⌢➴ getting used to living fancily comes with realizations

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐒 a tower designed exclusively for the tributes and their teams

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐒 a tower designed exclusively for the tributes and their teams. This will be our home until the actual Games begin. Each district has an entire floor. You simply step onto an elevator and press the number of your district. Easy enough to remember.

I’ve ridden the elevator a couple of times in the Justice Building back in District 12.
Once to receive the medal for my father’s death and then yesterday to say my final goodbyes to my friends and family.

But that’s a dark and creaky thing that moves like a snail and smells of sour milk.

The walls of this elevator are made of crystal so that you can watch the people on the ground floor shrink to ants as you shoot up into the air. It’s exhilarating and I’m tempted to ask Effie Trinket if we can ride it again, but somehow that seems childish.

Apparently, Effie Trinket’s duties did not conclude at the station. She and Haymitch will be overseeing us right into the arena. In a way, that’s a plus because at least she can be counted on to corral us around to places on time whereas we haven’t seen Haymitch since he agreed to help us on the train.

Probably passed out somewhere. Effie Trinket, on the other hand, seems to be flying high. We’re the first team she’s ever chaperoned that made a splash at the opening ceremonies. She’s complimentary about not just our costumes but how we conducted ourselves.

And, to hear her tell it, Effie knows everyone who’s anyone in the Capitol and has been talking us up all day, trying to win us sponsors.
“I’ve been very mysterious, though,” she says, her eyes squint half shut.

“Because, of course, Haymitch hasn’t bothered to tell me your strategies. But I’ve done my best with what I had to work with. How Hope sacrificed herself for her sister. How you’ve both successfully struggled to overcome the
barbarism of your district.”

Barbarism? That’s ironic coming from a woman helping to prepare us for slaughter.
And what’s she basing our success on? Our table manners?

“Everyone has their reservations, naturally. You being from the coal district.”
But I said, and this was very
clever of me, ‘Well, if you put enough pressure on coal it turns to pearls!