05- In which three button eyed freaks decide they are going to adopt Tommy

Start from the beginning

Wilbur nodded and smiled at Tommy. "Let's go, Toms." A nickname? How odd. But then again everything about these people is odd.

Tommy silently followed Wilbur down the opposite side of the hallway from the library. Tommy noticed stairs at the end of the hall. He figured the bedrooms were up there.

When they reached the living room Tommy noticed that, once again, this room had photos of them. All together, Wilbur and Techno, and Techno or Wilbur alone at different ages.

In the middle of the room, there was a very soft-looking couch like the one in the library. It was white with many, many pillows on it. Two armchairs of the same color sat on either side of the couch, each with its own pillow. The coffee table was glass and had a vase in the middle with some lilies of the valley in it. Under the coffee table was another fluffy white carpet much like the one in the library.

There was another fireplace in front of the couch which currently had a fire going. On top of the fireplace mantle were a few random trinkets. And above it was a TV that wasn't playing anything currently.

Two large rectangular windows were on the back wall and were fogged up from the cold. The windows looked out on their backyard. A big willow tree was on a hill, and everything else in sight was covered in a blanket of snow, with even more snow coming down on top of it.

In between the windows was a storage cabinet with glass doors covering the shelves. Inside, were many different board games and video games.

Wilbur plopped himself down on the couch and patted the spot next to him. Tommy hesitantly sat down on the couch next to him.

Wilbur turned to Tommy and seemed to be inspecting his face. He frowned, "Your nose is broken." he stated. Tommy's eyes widened.

"What? How did you know?" Wilbur chuckled, "Techno and I liked to practice fighting when we were younger. One time, Techno hit me a bit too hard on my nose and broke it. So I know what one looks like, Toms."

He then got more serious, "How did you get yours, and why didn't your parents take you to the hospital to get it fixed?"

Holy shit. This fucker is nosy. He thought. Still convinced he was dreaming, he figured there was no problem in telling Wilbur how it happened.

"Dream did it. It was my fault though, I was the one who broke a rule." Tommy said in return. Wilbur's eyebrows furrowed.

"And who is Dream?"

"He adopted me," Tommy said simply.
Wilbur seemed to hesitate before asking the next question, "Does he...does he do stuff like that often?"

Tommy thought on it before answering, Dream didn't do stuff like it often per se, he only did it when Tommy broke a rule. But Tommy did break rules pretty often...

"Uhm, I guess he does. I mean I break the rules sort of often. It's only in punishment for breaking the rules."

Wilbur frowned. "Tommy, you know that's not-" He was cut off by Phil coming into the living room, "Hello boys! The grilled cheeses are ready, so you can come to the dining room to eat them."

Tommy nodded and got up. He wanted out of this conversation and was happy that Phil was the reason he got out of it. Phil led them through the kitchen and to the dining room where they sat to eat the grilled cheese.

As Tommy ate, he looked around the dining room. The table itself wasn't very big, it was oval with four chairs. The table was dark brown, the chairs were the same color with white cushions on them.