Chapter 17: Letting Go

Začít od začátku

"Daddy, you finally came to save NuZe. We waited for you, and we knew you would come. Dragon Daddy Lóngshén told us all about the great hero you are and told us stories," his daughter said softly but excitedly.

Zee's first thought was that his daughter and son had already named themselves. He wondered how they came up with those names or if they were reincarnations of other gods, he had never heard of.

This was beyond his wildest dreams. He did not care who and what they were. He was blessed with two children made of Nu and his love. How special was that? They did not have to wait another lifetime.

Zee heard a hum through the family bond and knew the old dragon was still on duty watching over his children. He wondered if he was the reason why they already had names.

"ZeNu was brave and protected his sister," his son said proudly.

Tears poured down Zee's face as he hugged the orb gently against him. The dragon looked on and decided that now was the time, and this was his new family, and it was his right to protect what was his.

He could never allow something like this to happen again. He needed to protect them. They were just Keaakalan, after all, still not God, but not human. He would make them even more, he decided.

The dragon closed his eyes, gathered his strength, and circled the family. Zeus opened his eyes to see what was happening when he felt the burst of power.

His eyes widened when he realized what the dragon would do. No other mortal or immortal has ever been gifted what his son and his family were given.

"Are you sure this is what you want to do, dragon? Once it is done, it cannot be undone," Zeus focused on Lóngshén but realized that the dragon was already in the family bond.

Lóngshén never stopped or slowed when he gave Zeus his final answer.

"While watching the children, I finally realized this is why this is all happening, why I was given to your son. What role was I to play in your son's life? We have always been close, closer than a God and dragon should be. You probably knew it when it happened all those years ago. They need our protection and our love. It is time for us to merge, not just co-exist. It should have happened long ago, but I was not ready. I am ready now. Your family will be part of me, and I will be part of them. Our lives and destinies are now one," Lóngshén declared.

Zeus realized that if things like this continued, he would need to have the scholars constantly monitor his son, and he never wanted him to lose his privacy, and this was one thing he would keep to himself.

He returned to pushing light as the dragon merged with the family and their bonds. The family will become Dragon Born. Zeus never thought he would experience this, and it would be thrilling, all because of his son and his family. He had much to be thankful for.

We are born through fire and purpose.

To protect and to serve.

From family to family

We are one of the mighty

From heart to fire

We keep humanity safe

Their love their solid base

To soar through the sky

To sear our souls to fly together.

We are dragons.

Until death, we are Dragon Born.

Zee threw his head back, and fire came from his mouth, his eyes red and blazing. The gift of fire was bestowed upon Zee at his conversion ceremony, and now the advantage of dragon fire was at his command.