C

With my rucksack slinging over my shoulder and my hair still a mess and my laces not done up on my boots - I walked into Firehouse 422 and everyone looked at me.

"Ohhhh, did someone get lucky last night?" Mack looked at me, a smirk on his lips and his eyebrows wriggling slightly. Lowe and Cas held their hands to their mouth, hiding their laughter from me on Mack's comment.

"Enough guys" They didn't stop, but they went to move away when the Cap walked out and saw me.

"Oh Nelson, how was last night?" The rest of the crew burst into a fit of laughter, loving the fact the Captain joined in on mocking me.

"Why are you guys assuming that something happened last night?" Cas walked towards me, a smile still clear as day as his face.

"I don't know really, but you can tell me if my hair is a mess this morning?" I crossed my eyebrows, confused. I immediately moved to the front of the firetruck to where there is a mirror-like panel and I then understood why they thought things about how my night went.

My hair was literally all over the place, the very ends were spiked and just not sitting properly.

"Okay, I see now. Guys, I had a showered last night and I didn't bother to train it before I attempted to sleep" All their eyes widened at the last 3 words, I dropped my bag to the floor and rubbed my face with both of my hands.

"Guys, that is so not what I meant... oh man, I need my morning porridge" They all chuckled at me as I picked my bag up and headed straight for the metal spiralling stairs. The crew, of course, followed me. I pulled my chair out and placed my bag on the seat and headed for the kitchen area on the top floor of the Firehouse.

"Come on Nelson, do we get to find out how things went?" I turned, bowl in hand and the porridge oats in another - Lowe was leaning against the fridge with both of his hands on his hips. Almost hipster-like.

"If you will all stop badgering on about it, yes, I might tell you" He nodded, pulling his lips inwards. I was going to tell them either way, I just wished they would let me eat breakfast first, they can be unbearable sometimes.

As soon as I sat down with my porridge and a glass of orange juice with my glass straw, they all joined me with their breakfasts and we just sat in silence. I was thankful they didn't push on the topic of my little 'Thank You Drink' from last night, but I knew it was coming. Eventually.

As we sat in silence eating our breakfast or sipping our protein shakes - my thoughts faded to Charlie... again.

Images of us sitting at the table last night filled my mind, his smile so big that you could see his pearly whites. I also realised in my own head that I didn't see any jewellery around his neck or around his wrist but I do remember seeing a double ring over his right hand covering his middle and fore-finger. The ring read MUSIC in capital letters. I can't believe I didn't register seeing it last night, it wasn't exactly small to my naked eye.

I make a mental note to ask him about what kind of music he likes, or if he plays any instruments. I have no musical ability but it would be cool if he did.

A moment that did stick with me throughout my attempt to sleep last night, was when Charlie & I were just sitting at the table. I watched him casually as he picked up his glass of Vodka & Coke and when he brought the edge of the glass to his lips his eyes immediately met mine. Like, I saw his eyes looking at mines but I couldn't move my attention away from him, it was like gravity had me stuck and I didn't mind. His eyes were looking at me just under his eyebrows - just to give you an idea of the angle his head was having his drink.

His eyes looked at mine, I felt my heart race. But it weirdly made me feel good, I felt nervous. But I didn't feel scared. I felt safe.

BRINGGGGGGGGG