Tonight, we are picking out a tree for the cabin. In my mind, it is no longer Jake's place, but it is mine as well. I have taken to dreaming that his house is mine and that we share it, but it is a secret. I don't want to pressure him or force this relationship too fast. In fact, I have only stopped by the place a couple of times since the beautiful time we first met. That is why I love it so much. I ran to my dream and when he held me in his arms all of my future happiness became clear.

It is odd that I can admit to these feelings now when they were terrifying for me not too long ago, but with all of the secrets shared, I have no fear and no worries. I just have love and lust and dreams for a future. I asked him to move slowly, and now that my brain has moved past the fear and I just want him, to be with him in all of the ways that I can. I will wait for him to know that this is right.

I just hope that tonight we can take a big step into our relationship. We are picking out a tree with the group and then going to our own places to set it up. It should be a late night at the cabin. I hope that he asks me to stay as I have been waiting to be in his arms once again.

My phone vibrates. It is him. I can tell without looking. I can always tell without looking. My face lights up. I can, in fact, feel the dimples forming on my cheeks.

Jake: Hello, my love. How has your day been?

Mahri: Great! I just finished my assignments and my chores.

Mahri: I seem to be available for the rest of the evening. I wonder what shall I do?

Mahri: I guess I will just sit around and wait for some devilishly good-looking man to come and sweep me off of my feet.

Jake: What a coincidence.

Jake: I just finished all of my assignments and chores.

Jake: I don't know about the good-looking part, and I don't have a lot of practice at sweeping gorgeous women off of their feet, but I can come over and try.

Mahri: Sir, you have been sweeping me off of my feet since the day you told me your name.

Jake: :)

Mahri: Baby, please come over. I have been dying to tell you something.

Jake: I am walking out the door right now, but I wanted to ask you to pack an overnight bag, in case it gets too late tonight.

Jake: Unless, of course, that is too forward. I just can't imagine sending you home when neither of us has to work in the morning.

YES YES YES! I scream out loud doing a little victory dance, in my apartment, to no one. I am glad he is not here.

Though I pause and can tell that he is nervous, which gives me hope for a great night.

Jake: I have a spare room if that is your desire, or you and I can share the couch or my bed, but I will leave that up to you. I have no desire to pressure you or make you uncomfortable

Jake, my desire is to be as close to you as possible as long as you allow it.

Mahri: I will pack a bag. See you in five. Make it three and I will meet you at the door with a kiss.

Jake: What happens if I show up in two?

Mahri: Try. See what happens.

Jake: Open the door.

Mahri: Cheater!

I open the door and Jake is there, looking the part of a lumberjack. He had been trying out flannel shirts lately. Betty told him to. One day, she walked into Jake's place and said that if he was living in a cabin, he should try to look the part and threw him a bag with a bunch of new clothes inside. The flannels were something new she thought he should try out. I wasn't sure at first, but the jeans that she added made his ass look like a work of art. I couldn't complain, he was handsome in flannel, in a t-shirt, in nothing at all. He never had facial hair though and for that I was grateful. He had covered his face with a mask for long enough. I thought he was attractive before, but man, this outfit is something else. Added to his look was the most gorgeous smile that spread across his face.

I went to grab him for a kiss, but instead, he grabbed me by the waist and swooped me up in the arms, carrying me to the couch. He landed on top of me, his lips pressed against mine. His kisses are hot and full of desire, it has been too long since we have been together.

He twists around on the couch until he is underneath me, his arms holding me close. I have to pull away to catch my breath.

"Hello there," I say in a stutter. His body is flexed and tight. His eyes are intense. He runs his hands through my hair and twists some strands in his fingers, his eyes locked on mine. Drawing his face up towards me slowly this time, his lips on mine once again, the kisses are soft and sweet, yet demand my respect in return. We stay this way for quite a while, enjoying the soft touches and kisses and moans when we found a spot that feels especially electrifying. His mouth moves from my lips to my collarbone, to the place where my shirt begins, and back up again. Pulling me into his lap, I can feel his excitement building.

His voice is low, it is both a growl and a whisper, "Hello, my love." He runs his hand through my hair and they settle on my cheek. "How I have missed this beautiful face and the feeling of you in my arms."

"That is quite the greeting," I say, backing away a little. If I don't stop this, we will never get a tree. Part of me wants to skip the tree and stay here with him all night, but we have been looking forward to this for so long. We have waited this long, we can hang out with friends and decorate the tree and then find the time to be together in all of the ways that we want to be. I have no doubt that his feelings mimic mine on this subject.

"I did promise to sweep you off of your feet," he chuckles.

"I didn't mean literally, but that was incredible." I let him know what his kisses do to me.

"Yes, indeed it was." His hand was still playing with my hair. His eyes still locked on mine, his other hand playing near the hem of my shirt, daring his fingers to climb farther north. "I fulfilled my promise, now, what do I get for arriving early?" His growl goes deeper and he pulls my face closer to his once again. How could he keep doing this to me? It was getting harder and harder to resist him.

I managed to pull away despite the protests of some of the body parts, "Well, you cheated and I don't abide by cheaters, so..."

He interrupted me with a quick kiss, "She is a fickle mistress, indeed." He smiles.

I laugh and remove myself from the couch. " I would love to do this all night, But we have to pick out a tree and I have been instructed to pack a bag. Wanna help me?"

"Depends, do I get a sneak peek?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Depends, can you keep your hands to yourself?" I ask.

He raises an eyebrow. "Probably not," he answers.

"Good," I respond as I grab his hand and pull him into the bedroom. He catches up with me wrapping his arms around me from behind, reminding me fully of what I have been missing these last two weeks.