He pauses once more and looks at me. " No. But did you seriously think I wouldn't find out about that?" I gulped. "Fuckin' pathetic. You thought telling your brother would do something."

I remained silent as Harry tightened his hold on my jaw, but his touch seemed odd and rough. "Don't touch me," I say. I rip his hands away from me and wipe my face, taking a step back. "Don't you fucking touch me."

He gritted his teeth and demanded, "Answer me," moving forward until my back collided with the wall. "You thought I wouldn't find out, huh? "

I say, feeling the burning in my throat, "It wasn't a lie. For goodness' sake, it wasn't a lie. Look at you!" I fixed my gaze on Harry. "Look how you're fucking acting! Zayn has been manipulated into thinking that you are a truly good person."

He hissed through his teeth, "Shut up."

"You know I'm right, and that makes you mad."

" Don't make me do something I'm going to regret." Harry's eyes flashed with so much anger like he was about to kill me.

" Does it get you mad knowing I'm right?"

Harry looks away with a smile plastered on his lips. "You don't know what you're talking about, Juliet. Now shut up and find me the fucking note."

"You did all this because of the note?" I laughed and looked away. "I told you--"

"No, don't you lie to me. Find me that fuckin' note right now, and if I have to, I'll find it on my own."

"And you wonder why I think you're a jerk; I'm not looking for anything." I try to leave, but Harry grabs my arm and pulls me back until I'm in front of him. He then firmly holds my jaw while staring me in the eye.

"You have five minutes to look for the fucking note; do you understand me?" I started at Harry, afraid. My lips parted with the urge to say something. I stood there looking up at him, trying to understand how a person like him could have so many emotions in just a few minutes.

How a person like him can be so full of himself? "Use your fuckin' words," even though all I could feel was the rage as I peered back into his stares with my breath coming in sharply through my nose.

"I understand," I whispered, the words feeling bitter as they left my tongue and flowed through the air.

"Good girl." Harry releases his grip on my jaw, and we exchange a silent look. For the first time today, he glanced over my body, noticing the thin underwear poking out from beneath my long t-shirt. Before he looked at my brown eyes, and for a moment, just a moment, they sparked like he was a new person, almost like he switched personalities, and I stood there stunned, wondering if this was normal. Harry gulped greedily. " Go."

I avoid him and head toward my closet. Although the note wasn't crazy, it nonetheless touched me deeply. Before she passed away, my mother had me in mind. Although I don't like the words, she did this for me, and it seems like she still believes in me.

I let her down. I failed my mother by not doing what she needed—and it killed me. Every day was a reminder that I had let my own family down and was of no use to them.

Useless. That's the right word. I am useless.

It's a reminder that I'm nothing compared to what she left; I didn't find out who did this to her—and I never will. Her death will truly remain a murder mystery.