Chapter one

I KILLED THE PROM QUEEN

CHAPTER ONE

' secrets don't bring you closer together; they draw you apart '

∙∘☩∘∙

❀Cassie Lavigne❀

"Cass!"

I held myself back from rolling my eyes as Riley came running up to me, wobbling slightly on her ridiculous heels.

"You came."

"Of course." I smiled at her, reaching up to fix my hair. "Everyone's been talking about this for ages."

"Really?" It was a bit sad, how happy she looked.

I nodded. "Have you seen Lila or Christina?"

"Yeah, they're were over by the pool."

I smiled again and walked by her, pausing for a second to say, "oh my gosh, your shoes, I love them." Then walked away, leaving her smiling like a lunatic.

The pool area was crowded, and it took me a while to spot Lila and Chris, standing at the opposite corner talking to someone who had their back turned to me.

Sara came sashaying by me then, with a crowd of girls trailing after her, waiting patiently to be noticed by her. Completing her shoes, her dress, her hair. I glared at them.

Across the room, I caught Christina's eye, and nodded, before going to join a group of girls.
Glancing back, I saw Chris grab Lila's arm, pulling her away from the pool towards the house.

+++++++++++

☮ Lila Rivers ☮

We stood to one side of the room, away from the flashing lights, the drunk kids stumbling around, still pretending to dance.

Christina took a small sip from her glass of whatever lethal thing was in there.

"Have you got it?"

She smirked and patted her small clutch resting on the table. "Of course".

Across the room, Sara had looped her arms tightly against Cole, but was still talking to another guy. Leading him on. Just like the bitch that she was.

I glared at her. "Come on. Let's get this shit over with. "

Cristina finished her drink and stood up, straightening her skirt.
Across the room, Cassie glanced at us from her crowd of adoring wannabes, that switched from her to Sara in a matter of seconds.
I nodded, and she stood up, smiling and saying something I couldn't hear.

Christina grabbed my arm. "Come on"

We half ran out of the room, to the hallway where Cassie was waiting.

"Did anyone follow you?" She immediately asked, glancing round.

Christina shook her head. "Nope. Not ditching it now are you? Remember why you want this."

Cassie nodded, looking more certain. "The bedroom at the top of the stairs, right?"

I nodded. "Gimme the stuff." Christina handed me her bag, which I took. Opening it, I fished around for a moment before I found the small packet of white powder, and poured a small amount into the glass of vodka Cassie was holding.

"Remember, make her drink all of it." Christina says and Cassie stops by the doorway, and glances back, nodding.

It gave me a kind of thrill, doing this. But also apprehension and guilt.
I kept thinking, you're braking the law. If you get caught, you're dead.

But my hatred for Sara more than overruled my fear.

We wait for about five minutes, before Cassie comes back into view, leading a stumbling Sara.

I rush up to them, grabbing Sara's other arm, and draping it over my shoulder to support her.

Even in her drunken state, Sara still squints at me and frowns. "Do I know you?"

"Nope." I say hurriedly, "I'm nobody, forget about me."

"Oh." She says, loosing interest and turning away as we get to the stairs which we practically lift her up. "Just another one of those jealous nobody's then."

Behind me, I hear Christina snort unattractively. "Yeah we're so
jealous." She says sarcastically. "Just like everyone else. "

Cassie looks back and glares at her.

As we finally get to the top of the stairs, Cassie pushes Sara into the bedroom, grabbing another glass from the shelf, and handing it to Christina, who hurriedly pours more powder in it as Sara sinks down onto her bed.
"Here." I'm amazed at how genuine Cassie sounds. "Have this. It will make you feel better."

Sara takes the glass, gulping frantically from it. Before I shut the door, I glance around the hallway. It looks empty. So I shut the door, turning back to Sara, with a third glass.

"One more sweetie." I smile at her.

+++++++++

The thing is though, the hallway wasn't empty. And if I had looked properly, I would have seen the person standing, slightly concealed by the top of the stairs. Watching as me, Christina and Cassie lead Sara into the room. As we shut the door.
Then waited half an hour, until we came out again. Watched as me, Christina and Cassie hurried down the stairs in silence, leading nobody.

∙∘☉❍☉∘∙

Heyy!! Ok so I know it was a short chapter, but I have big plans for this story, and I promise I will make the next one longer. :)

Pleasee
☮comment
☸vote

Xoxo Em