Chapter 47: Therefore You and Me

Start from the beginning

"Nah, my parents said they'll pick her up after work," (y/n) smiled— an accepting one, at that. She was used to it. She didn't expect any more from them like she used to.

Unbeknownst to her, however, she wasn't present the time Rindo asked her parents to attend the fashion show for her. The younger Haitani had to hide the knowing smirk on his face with a monotone 'hmm', and luckily, she didn't pick up on his coverup due to her anxiety. Otherwise, it would've been blatantly obvious that something was up considering how they both can easily read each other like an open book.

"Anyways, can we start heading out now? I want to start the preparations," (y/n) sheepishly stated and fiddled with her fingers.

"Sure, let's get going," Rindo swiftly pecked her cheek and began to help her with the garment-covered outfits laid out on her bed.

It was finally happening.

|—~•~—|

"Everyone! I'm glad you could make it," (y/n) exclaimed and excitedly waved down the large group of people hanging around the college... which were split into two... and one half was much more terrified than the other.

"You guys look fucking stupid," Rindo smirked at his brother and friends all sporting semi-formal wear. The Haitani brothers were always notoriously fashionable, but the others were clearly uncomfortable in their suits and ties.

"Shut up. I don't know why I'm wearing your clothes when you're half my size," Shion groaned and picked at the collar of his button-up shirt.

"I can't breathe in this thing," Muto stated and undid the top button of his shirt.

"You guys are not that much taller than me, calm down," Rindo rolled his eyes, "At least you're not Mochizuki."

He jutted his thumb to the large individual casually snacking on some pork buns. Considering he had to borrow Ran's clothes, his button-up and blazer were open and showed the black shirt underneath. Meanwhile, as those four talked amongst themselves, Ran and Kakucho went up to congratulate (y/n) as she was talking to her friends.

"Hey (y/n)," Kakucho simply waved and said female twisted back around. The sewing club let out a small 'eek!' and hid behind their club president as Taichi gulped at the other delinquents he wasn't accustomed to, "Good luck on your competition."

"Is it a public vote, by the way?" Ran questioned.

She shook her head, "Nah, it isn't. The panelists will judge the contestants."

"Damn, we would've called up everyone we know to help you out," Ran grinned and she released an airy laugh in response. Her friends were about to faint.

"I appreciate the thought," (y/n) brightly smiled, "I'm just glad you guys could make it."

"Of course, Rindo told us that you'll be treating us out."

"Excuse you, I'll be treating out the people who helped me."

"Boo, no fun," Ran playfully ruffled her hair, "Anyways, where can we sit? We've been standing out here waiting for you to show up."

"You guys could've came later. I'm only here to set up," (y/n) responded.

"We wanted to congratulate you," Kakucho politely smiled.

"And same goes to us," her club president spoke up whilst the others meekly nodded their heads in agreement.

Soon, the other four teens joined the group and (y/n) smiled fondly at everyone, "Thank you..."