Completely Oblivious (Male Reader)

HEYYY sorry my break was longer than anticipated I'm going through some shit rn but I'll be fine!!! (I think) Anyway in this oneshot, Doe has a MASSIVE crush on you (Unsurprisingly) but you don't notice. At all. You don't catch any hints that he likes you until he tells you about his feelings directly. Enjoy!

Y/N POV

I was on the bus to work, scrolling on my phone. I've been working at the gas station for uh... How long has it been? A little under a year I think. Anyways, I heard someone enter the bus. Looking up from my phone, I saw who it was. It was that one customer who frequented the gas station, the one with long black hair and the unnaturally large eyes. He always wore the same outfit too... Weird. He looked at me, before quickly looking away. I shrugged it off, thinking nothing of it.

Once I arrived at my stop, I got off, walking the rest of the way to the gas station. When I got there, I changed into my uniform in the employee bathroom before walking back out to stand behind the counter. I then noticed the guy from the bus walking in. "Hey, welcome to the gas station!" I greeted, watching him in the snack aisle. He never talks whenever he's here. He doesn't buy anything either. And sometimes I catch him staring at me. I guess he's just too nervous to talk to other people. I certainly don't blame him.

But, for the first time ever, he walked up to the counter. He didn't make eye contact with me at first, but eventually our eyes met. He stared at me for a moment. "Hi." He said. I stared back at him. "...Hi. Can I help you with anything?" I asked. He kept staring at me. "What's your name?" He asked, tilting his head slightly. Can't he read my name tag? "It's Y/N. Yours?" I asked him in reply. "Oh, it's-" He was cut off by an ear piercing sound, one that sounded like TV static spliced with a terrifying screech. "-But if that's too hard to pronounce, John Doe is fine!" He finished, acting like nothing happened.

"Are you free after work?" He asked. I shook my head. "Nope. I gotta get some cleaning done back home." I replied. He looked kind of... Sad? "Oh... Are you sure?" He asked. "Yeah, sorry about that." I replied. He didn't say anything else, he just walked out. Well, that was weird. And a little too much eye contact for my liking... But I'm sure it's nothing. He did look really sad when I said no though. But I think I did the right thing.

John Doe POV

I... I can't believe he said no... I really thought he would say yes. Is it me? Did I say something weird? Did I do something wrong? No no no, I can't come to that conclusion just yet. Maybe he'll change his mind! Maybe, when he's done his shift, he'll say "Yes Doe, I would love to hang out with you!" Yes, that's exactly what he'll say! And we'll have so much fun together, and I'll tell him how I feel, and he'll love me back! He will love me... Right?

After hours of waiting, Y/N finally walked out of the gas station. I waited for him to walk past the gas pumps, and once he did, I approached him. "Hi!" I said happily, though I seemed to have startled him. "Ah! Oh, it's you. What're you doing here?" He asked. "I was wondering if you changed your mind about my offer. Can I come home with you?" I asked in reply. Even though I desperately wanted him to say yes... He shook his head. "I'm sorry, I already said that I can't. I gotta get going, I don't wanna miss the bus. Another time, maybe?" He replied, walking to the bus stop.

He... He said no. But he wasn't supposed to say no- He was supposed to say yes! I had everything planned out perfectly in my head! Didn't he notice all the signals I've been giving him for months? Didn't he notice anything?! Maybe... Maybe a visit will convince him, convince him to hang out, convince him to love me. Yeah, that's it. I followed Y/N to the bus stop, getting on the bus after him. I stood a few feet away from him. He hadn't noticed me yet. After a few minutes, the bus stopped, and Y/N got off. I followed him.

I kept following Y/N until he reached his apartment complex. I snuck past him, getting on the elevator before him. Once I was on his floor, I found his apartment. It was unlocked, much to my surprise. He really should be more careful, anyone other than me could break in... I opened the door, walked in, and looked around. I think I'll hide in his room for now. After walking into his room, I heard Y/N walk in. Now's my chance to tell him, to tell him how I really feel...!

Y/N POV

I made my way up to my apartment, noticing that my door was open. Wait, my door's open? That can't be right, I thought I locked it this morning. Cautiously stepping in, I looked around. "Hello? Anyone there?" I asked nobody in particular. No response. I guess that's a good sign? I'm not sure. Closing the door behind me, I looked in the kitchen. Nobody in here either. I checked the bathroom next, but nobody was there either. "Looking for something, my love?" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around.

"Doe? Wait, what are you doing here?!" I asked, stepping backwards. "You left your door unlocked, silly! I wanted to pay you a surprise visit, and to tell you something really important." He replied, stepping closer. I was frightened by his unsettling demeanor. I backed into a wall, and he held my face in his hands. "I've actually been hinting at this for a while now, and what I've been meaning to tell you is that... I love you, Y/N! I'm in love with you!" He added. Wait... Huh?

"You- You do? Since when?" I asked, still confused about this whole situation. He laughed a little. "I've liked you for months! I've been trying to get you to notice my signals, but it seems as though they haven't worked." He replied. "Signals? What signals?" I asked again. "How I'm always in the gas station when you're working, how I take the same bus as you even though I have nowhere to be, how I lovingly stare into your eyes every chance I get? Wasn't it obvious, my darling?" He asked in response. Oh. Oh!

"Wait, I get it now! I always thought you were just anxious or something!" I said. "Well, yes. I just didn't have the courage to tell you until now. Do you understand now? Do you realise how much I love you? Do you love me too?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I understand it now! And I- I think I love you too, Doe." I replied, smiling at him. His pupils dilated, and he hugged me tightly. "Thank you so much, Y/N! I just love, love, love, love, love you!!" He said, kissing my cheek. "I love you too, Doe." I replied.

DONE anyway sorry again for being gone for a month lol! At the time of me writing this author's note, a lot of stuff has happened that prevented me from updating this book. For instance, I lost one of my friends cuz they were talking shit about me and my best friend, (And also they've been manipulating us?!) but on a lighter note I have to get glasses. Anyway I really hope you enjoyed this one and apologies if it's not as good as my previous works!!

Wordcount: 1333