Chapter 4

Day turned into weeks . Weeks turned unto months. Each day getting better then the last. The two childhood lovers were even closer then ever before. Slash had finally kicked drugs to the curb, though he would still get the urges to feel the bliss the drugs brought. But as she promise, Sky was there every step of the way. Any time he needed her she was there no matter what he needed to have to fix it. It had became a habit, every night before they went to sleep they would share something that they loved about the other. Perla was long gone and hadn't once tried to step between them again. Getting him motivsted into music again Sky had returned to the rocker life she had missed. Which lead to where she currently was. Standing on the edge of the backstage watching her man finish up their last song. It was one of the closet things to a GNR reunion. Everyone was there but Axl. Sky stepped aside as Slash walked over and handed Ace his guitar. He smiled and kissed her cheek as he took her hand and walked back out onto the stage with her. He took the microphone from Myles who smiled and went over to stage with the other guys.
"I wanna thank all you guys go coming out tonight" Slash started with a goofy grin as he listened to the crowd roar of cheer. His heart pounding, every now and again the machine in his chest would shock him.
"Well your in for another treat" he smiled. He turned to look at Sky who was biting her lip nervously. She hasn't really ever been one for stage.
"This beautiful woman here has been with me since...fuck..I was like 12? I think. Anyway, if your hardcore Slash fans you know her as Saul's chick. You've seen her with me a lot back in the days. We were together happily until around 1997 or so, when I met my first wife. When that fell I went back to her, and then eventually got with Perla. But as you all know that didn't work out. For that one year I was gone. I fell into a deep spiral into drugs. And Sky pulled me out and fixed me up new again. So thanks to her I'm still here doing what I love" he smiled softly and got onto his knee, watching the surprise in Sky's beautiful blue eyes as she watched him.
"Even after all these year. And everything I've put you through, you always came back. You always loved me. And this this something very over do.I love you more then anything the world has to offer, even my guitars. We know each other better then the stars know the skies...and I want to know if you'll marry me? And be the happiest woman in the world" he opened a ring case he had pulled from his pocket. His dark brown eyes looking up to her with a warm smile. Sky looked down to him with tear filled eyes.
"Yes...I want nothing more to be yours" she said as she smiled, a tear rolling down her cheek. He quickly slipped the silver, diamond encursted ring onto her finger and then stood, holding her around the waist. Her arms wrapping around his neck as their lips met passionately. Everyone clapping and cheering. The band smiling at the couple. Their kiss broke and they bowed before leaving stage.
Later that very evening, they were married. With the band and friends as their witnesses. They didn't dress up, or do anything fancy. There was a real need to. They were just happy to finally be tied together. Knowing nothing could ever tear them apart again. They went to a nice dinner in a nearby restaurant afterward and enjoyed themselves. Everyone congratulating them on their marriage. Sky and Slash were both ecstatic to be together so closely. The dinner lasted a couple hours before they slowly left. Having gotten alot of teasing about finally getting togrther and how their honeymoon would go.But there was one last place Slash wanted to go before he and his newly wed wife went on their honey moon. They held hands as they walked down the dark night time streets, they weren't rushing anywhere. A small boute of flowers in Slash's free hand that he had bough from the store. Sky knew where they were going and she was more then happy to join him. They walked through the cemetery and looked at the head stones. Ola Hudson. The person they were looking for. Sky smiled and the sat down beside the grave and Slash joined her. Spending awhile just sharing what had been going on lately. How they had gotten married. And the stupid things they had done since being back together. And how much they missed her.
"You were right all along mom...she was the perfect one for me. I should have married her a long long time ago had I seen what I had in front if me" he said as he looked down at their hand that were on his lap. Some days he felt terrible after he though over everything he had done to Sky only to have her undying love and loyalty.
"Were married now. And I plan on making her the happiest woman alive" he gave a soft smile.
"I saved your baby boy mom" Sky said as she reached up with her free hand to wipe her tear away. His mother was as much her mother. Having taken Sky in when her and Slash first met and taken care if her. She was always there when she needed her. Slash leaned over and kissed sky's cheek and gave a gentle squeeze to her hand.
"He's safe now"