Chapter 2: Growl! Crush out! ZOMBIE!

THE NEXT DAY

The bridge to Honno City, connecting the outside world to the city of dictatorship. Standing upon the bridge was a girl, black hair with a singular red highlight on her fringe, clad in a school uniform not belonging to Honnoji Academy, along with a jacket. Hung upon her shoulder was a large guitar case. She stared up towards the academy, standing tall above Honno City.

TRANSFER STUDENT RYUKO MATOI

"So this is... Honnoji Academy, huh?"

KILL LA KILL

Ryuko paced through the streets of Honno, stopping at a stand to buy a lemon, which she immediately bit into, not feeling it's taste. She continued to walk through the streets, slums on every side. All kinds of people there, but all dirty and rugged.

As she climbed some stairs, a boy ran past her and around her. He was short to say the least, brown hair done up with a top knot and had sunglasses perched upon his forehead. He had a black shirt and blue shorts on.

"Oops, sorry about that!"

He'd quickly say, walking down the stairs with a small wave. He leapt down a small crevice, landing on a trash bag while chuckling as he leant against a small structure.

"Like taking candy from a baby!"

He'd continue, reaching into the his shirt and pulling something out from it. A successful little heist to say so... if it weren't for the fact it was a lemon.

"EH!? I could've sworn I grabbed her wallet!"

A hand reached down and snatched the lemon from his hand.

"Aren't you a bit young to be stealin' fruit that's been in a pretty girl's mouth, kid?"

Ryuko smirked as she looked at the boy, sitting upon the red roof of the small structure.

"Are you that eager to learn what first love tastes like?"

She went to stand up, pushing herself off the roof and onto her feet. The boy took a step back before getting angry at her, balling up his fist and sort of pointing it in her direction.

"Don't get smart with me! I've already had my first kiss!"

"Then I guess you can die without any regrets."

"That's my line, sister! Come on out guys!"

The boy thrust his hand into the air and out of the shadows appeared 3 boys that had surrounded Ryuko, and all of them were relatively around the boy's own age, all carrying different weapons too, from a pipe, a chain, to even a chainsaw somehow.

"How dare you insult the Lightning Quick Mataro, this neighbourhood's my turf: Honno Town Blind Alley!"

Mataro would say, referring to just a series of houses, with people looking out of their windows to see the kerfuffle, though they were practically featureless shadows.

"It's a dead end for lives and a feared hangout for drifters, if you wanna get out here in one piece, leave your wallet and skidaddle!"