i. "the tribe"

k.
i blew the smoke out of my mouth and threw my blunt out the window. this week has to be perfect since im going to see my favorite pop artist in the world. ni'jah. i love all of her songs. especially "love on a cloud" that has to be my favorite.

i was on my way to the nearest hotel when i saw my gas tank. it was really low.

"fuck." i said to myself as i drove to the nearest gas station i could find.

once i made it, i got my money and went inside the building.

i decided to look through some snacks cause a bitch was hungry. when suddenly a woman popped up beside me.

"ooh! those are my favorites!" the woman said.

she was pretty.. somewhat. she had short brown hair and she was wearing a blue shirt with an off white zip up hoodie and she was wearing mustard yellow shorts. she had sunglasses on her head too.

i hummed at her response and she walked away.

i paid for my gas and i went outside. the same girl was outside too. great..

"hi. sorry about earlier." she laughed

"it's fine." i smiled

"im cricket. are you going to see ni'jah?" she asked

"uh.. yeah. how'd you know?" i gave a confused look as she laughed again.

"you're wearing her merch dumbass." she smiled.

i just gave an awkward chuckle as she opened her mouth to say speak again.

"where are you staying? she's not performing until this weekend. why'd you come so early."

"uh. well.. im staying at the nearest hotel. just wanted to be there early and get front row in the pit." i said as she came closer to me.

"oh. ew don't do that. the nearest hotel is 13 miles away. plus it's one star reviewed." she whispered the last part.

"look, im not a creep. its just me and some friends and you look like you need some and a place to stay this week. why don't you come over?" cricket added as she smiled.

"no. im okay." i simply said but she cut me off.

"no i insist. please do!"

i rolled my eyes before replying "fine"

her mood went up immediately after i said that.

"great. uh.. go fill up your car and follow me! also what's your name by the way?" she asked

"kiara." i simply said and gave an awkward smile afterwards.

"okay kiara. uh.. i guess ill see you there!" she smiled.

i filled up my gas tank before i got into my car. i followed her to her house. it was a small house. it was really nice too.

"follow me" she said as she walked to her garden. i followed and her. she tapped on another woman's shoulder who was picking some of the plants.

"you guys are back!" the unknown woman said.

"we made a new friend in town." cricket said to her.

"fantastic. uh. salem do you mind putting the chairs away for me" the woman spoke as she looked at the girl behind me.

"sure!" salem responded as cricket grabbed the ice bags from her hand to bring inside.

salem then left to grab the chairs that the other woman requested.

"hi. im eva. welcome." the girl said as she gave a soft smile.

i looked around and the house was so pretty from the exterior. flowers were everywhere on the walls and it suited the place nicely.