Chapter 1: The Letter and The Meeting

It was an ordinary day in Mondstadt, or so it seemed.. For Jean, the dandelion knight of the knights of Favonius has received a rather unexpected letter from the neighboring nation Liyue.

"Hey Jean, is there anything you need?"

"Kaeya! Thank you for coming on a rather short notice, i need you to call some people for me as soon as possible.."

"Yea sure, who am i looking for?"

"Venti and Diluc"

"Alright, ill be off then"

And with that, Kaeya left the headquarters to look for the two. His first (and last) stop was the tavern Angels Share. As he entered the tavern, he heard the bard Venti and the owner Diluc fighting once more..

"Yo, Diluc, Venti! Jean wants to see you two"

"ahwwwww, right now? But i wasnt even able to drink properly!!"

"Shut it Bard! Lets go"

Diluc left, as he dragged Venti by the ear and after a few minutes, they reached the office of the acting grand master..

"Ah welcome you two, please have a seat.. There is a lot we must discuss."

"Jean, is everything okay? Why did you call for us specifically..?"

Asked Venti, as he and Diluc sat down.

"Im afraid something shocking has happened, i got a letter from the neighboring nations god.. it stated that he wishes to meet those who cured Dvalin, the traveler is in Inazuma so im not sure if he'll be there or not."

"Hmmm, this seams to be an unexpected matter indeed.. what do you think Bard-" Diluc cut himself off as he saw the bard's fearful face. "Venti, are you okay?"

"W-who, me? Yea ofcourse im okay, why wouldn't i be..?" Even if he did his best to convince them, Venti could see that none of them believed in his lie.

"Venti if you don't want to go i-no we can just tell Rex Lapis that you weren't at Mondstadt, you identify as a traveling bard after all."

"I thank you for the offer Jean, but im afraid i cannot avoid Liyue any longer..."

"Very well then, Jean, when are we leaving?"

Diluc, sensing the unspoken request to end the topic, asked what he wanted to from the start.

"Well, we have to leave right now if we wish to arrive at the given time..."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Asked Venti, sadness visible in his eyes.. "Lets get this over with.."

~Time Skip to when they get to Liyue~

Ganyu, seeing that their guests have arrived, quickly ran to greet them.. "Greetings, saviors of Mondstadt.. i was sent to take you to Xiao who will take you to the place you will be meeting Rex Lapis. With that being said, welcome to Liyue!"

And with that, the trio followed Ganyu as she introduced them to the Harbor. Later on, the took them to a giant tree where Xiao was waiting for them.

"Greetings, i will now take you to-" Xiao's eyes widened in shock as he saw Venti "Lord Barbatos..? Is that you?"

"Im afraid you have mistaken me for someone else, im Venti, the traveling bard"

"Right, my apologies.. Shall we go?"

After brief introductions were made, Xiao took them up the mountain to meet Rex Lapis. On the way up the mountain, Venti was visibly getting more pale by the second.

'What am i going to do.. he probably hates me now, what if i ran away..? I could call Dvalin to take me away.. But he would know that its me... But still, i would have some time to prepare myself to see him again.. yea, i should do that..'  "Hey Xiao, tell him that im sorry..."

"What..? Venti what do you mean?"

Venti, after saying those words called out to his old friend through the wind.

"Barbatos, its been so long since you called me. What is it that you wish for me  to do?"

"Can you take me back to Mondstadt, to the ancient ruins?"

"Still not ready to face him?"

"No... perhaps at a later date, im sure he hates me by now"

"Very well then."

And with that, Venti used the wind currents as Dvalin approached the group, he swiftly landed on the dragons back.. right before they left, Venti looked at the top of the mountain only to see a pair of amber eyes looking at him with sadness and longing visible in them.

"Barbatos..." whispered the amber eyed man, the winds bringing his words to the bards ears.. "why must you leave me again..? I require an answer.."

And yet, his question was left hanging, as the bard and the dragon flew away..