💛Iggy x Gn!Reader💛

Requested by Transosaurus! First time writing a fight scene, hopefully it's good enough lol.

To say you were mildly irritated was a understatement.

You carefully combed your way through the jungle, your overalls tinged with acid. Wanting to avoid enraged wigglers and mini Goombas, you didn't spare any time to check on your acid wounds, trying to get to the castle ahead.

Jeez, and this is the thing making you regret volunteering for this mission.

As a sibling to the Mario Bros, feeling left out was common. Thankfully, you often gotten to spend time with Luigi when Mario was on adventures, but this time you decided to tag along.

Last time that's gonna happen.

You and your brothers split up early on to cover more ground. Unfortunately, that stuck you with Soda Jungle. It was good at first, great even when compared to the freezing temperatures from the world before, but now you wanted to beat someone up and go home already.

The castle wasn't so bad. It provided you a little time to apply some ointment and get a small drink, but once you got inside, there was quite a few close calls. Waves of lava wasn't... the best experience in the world you'll say.

Before you knew it, you were running down a hall next to a great airship. The owners face was sculptured on the front of the ship, acting as a figurehead. You scrambled to the cannon, giving yourself a short peptalk before launching yourself to the ship.

You landed not as gracefully as your more experienced brothers, having to hold onto your (f/c) hat to keep it from flying into the lava below. You shot up once you realized you were in an arena and whipped your head to the direction where your opponent was cackling with delight.

"So you're the new Mario sibling I heard about!" The koopaling laughed, almost what you can describe as maniacally. But then he shrugged before smiling, "At least you're cuter than I thought."

"Huh? Oh, um-"

Your face went red, and you stumbled upon words of a comeback that couldnt come out. Your opponent giggled before casting a spell, one of the blasts barely grazing your arm, shaking you away from your embarrassment. You jolted into a fighting stance, holding your hammer in front of you. You looked back to the koopa to see that he's... gone.

You heard a giggle from behind you. "I thought your brothers would at least tell you to not to be distracted by the words of your opponent!" You turned around to see the koopaling sitting on the ceiling, his face smug.

You were speechless for a moment, trying to think of what to say despite your wits leaving once he struck you with that compliment earlier. And the fact he is defying the laws of gravity.

"...Okey dokey?" Was the sentence you managed to get out. Great going Y/n. You let yourself nervously smile as you mentally slap yourself in the face.

"Uh... shouldn't we fight or something?" You say, trying to laugh it off at least a little bit.

"Well at least you managed a sentence." He muttered. "But you're right! Enough chit-chat. Our battle officially starts... now!" The koopaling cackled before running inside a pipe.

Okay, so he went in a pipe (probably connected to the others), has magic... so just watch out? Before you know it, this'll be over easy-peasey. Hopefully. Maybe.

You adjust your grip on the hammer, readying yourself to bash the weirdly... charming? koopa in the face if he happens to creep behind you.

The koopaling runs out of a pipe, fires a spell, and disappears again with a laugh. This goes on for a bit, and you successfully manage to get a hit on him in time. He yelps in pain, and retreats into his shell. After some running around the arena, dodging the shell, he pops right back up.

Your opponent cracks a mischievous smile. "Not too shabby, plumber."

"You're not too bad yourself." You respond, glad that you aren't tripping over your speech again.

The koopa cackled again. "Well, let's see how you can handle this!" He runs back into the pipe, and a magmaargh slowly floats out of the lava.

"Oh grambi."

You can hear a giggle from above and the tell-tale sound of something magicy. You don't pay it too much heed as the lava creature sluggishly moves after you, leaving the substance in its wake.

You heave a sigh of relief when it dissapears, only to be hit in the shoulder by a blast. Before you fan try to get your attacker back, he vanished into a pipe again.

Once he reappears at your level, you take the opportunity to give him a bonk against the head. His shell dances across the arena, desperate to get another hit on you despite the dizziness you inflicted. Once he pops out of his shell again, you land one last hit, evoking a wail from the koopaling.

He collapses on the ground, groaning from whatever brain damage you have given him. You wince from the sight of another one of your first battles won.

You notice a pair of glasses on the ground, cracked and one of the hinges broken. You sit next to your rival and give him a light nudge on the shoulder.

"What? Wanna rub it in my face?" He groaned from nearly being conked out.

"Nah. You were pretty good after all. Besides, uh- I think you need to get these repaired."

He glanced up, still holding his head in his hands. He let out a little grumble once he realized what they were. "Dangit. Oh well, at least I can make me a new pair in a jiffy."

"Really?"

"Of course!" He laughed a little before the headache took more of a toll on him. "I am the genius of my siblings. I am also one of the royal scientists after all!" He bragged. "For me, making such simple things is childs-play!"

"That's actually pretty cool!" You smile. "By the way, I never caught your name science guy."

He smiled, with less mischief than before. He holds out his clawed hand. "Iggy Koopa."

"Y/n Mario." You shake Iggy's hand, or at least try to. When you made contact, one of those annoying prank buzzers went off.

"Aw come on!" You say, tiffed mostly at yourself for falling for that.

Iggy cackled once again. "You are very easy to trick, cutie."

"Oh, shush."

The two of you chat for a bit, but before long, you needed to move on and Iggy needed to report back to his father. You depart from the ship discreetly when Iggy flew over the Rock-Candy Mines for his own destination. For the last 3 worlds, you meet up with your brothers for the final steps of the journey.

For some reason, you already can't wait to do another adventure like this again.

One of my favorites so far ngl. Also went to the Mario movie last night and dressed as Mario and Luigi with my sibling (I was Luigi)!
I loved it btw, peaches/10 movie, would watch it again. Cured my dededepression.