Checking the refrigerator for fruits, she took out a couple of Apples and Pears for a fruit salad and a handful of Blueberries, to go with the waffles.

She started with the batter first, which needed to rest for twenty minutes. And then proceeded to whip some chocolate sauce for the topping.

Soon, Imlie felt a presence behind her and this time she was not surprised as two arms snaked around her waist.
Aryan nuzzled her neck, his bare chest pressed against her back, as the whiff of her floral body wash, washed over his senses.

He had woken up to the cold sheets beside him and had immediately stepped out to look out for his wife, to get a morning hug.

"Good morning." Imlie greeted him in her usual cheerful tone, stirring the chocolate sauce and turned off the stove.
These sudden back hugs did not startle her anymore, for they were the routine occurrences in her household.

She turned around and looped her hands around his waist.
"Good morning, darling." Aryan greeted her back and leaned down to press a kiss on her forehead, which resulted in a beaming smile on her face.
She absolutely loved when Aryan used that endearment. It was very affectionate and felt like an intimate gesture from him.

"What are you preparing?" He questioned, taking a look at the elaborate spread of ingredients on the kitchen counter top.

"Waffles!" Imlie exclaimed in glee.

"Woah! That's great. Do you need any help?" He asked.

"No. I have prepared everything, just have to start preparing them." She said.
"Meanwhile, you go and take a shower. I'm hungry."

"Hmm."

"What? Go!" Imlie tried to push him away as he did not budge from his place.

Instead, Aryan moved closer, making her step backwards until her back collided with the counter and then placed his hands on either sides of the kitchen counter, trapping her.

"Kya kar rahe ho tum, Aryan?" Imlie asked, studying his actions.

"Nothing." He replied, his voice hoarse, after waking up from the sleep.
"I just want a morning kiss." Aryan said and leaned towards her mouth.

Imlie, immediately brought her palm to block his advances and placed it on his mouth.
"Morning breath." She reminded him.

"Imlie-"

"No." She remained stubborn.

"But-" Before he could complete it, she shoved a couple of blueberries in his mouth.

"Imlie, I haven't even brushed yet." Aryan said in annoyance, spitting out the berries in a kitchen paper towel and threw it in the bin.

"And you wanted a kiss." Imlie rolled her eyes.

Aryan trapped her again between the kitchen counter and himself.
"But I want to taste the Cherries."

"Cherries?" Imlie frowned in confusion and glanced around for any traces of cherries.

Puzzled, she looked back at him and found his eyes looking at her intently before they fleeted on her lips for a moment and back to her face.

She noticed his eyes glinting with amusement and a teasing grin on his face, before realization dawned upon her and she pushed him away.

"Ughhh! You are such a Cheapda, Aryan!"
Her face flushed at his innuendo. And she facepalmed in embarrassment.

He had discovered the flavor of her lip balm during one of their recent *ahem ahem* kissing escapades. And needless to say, he was amused.