Chapter 12

👻CHAPTER 12👻

*👻Julia's POV👻*

*👻Julia's POV👻*

We entered the woods after getting out of the hideout, only to discover something even more crazy. Fred was inside of Daphne and Daphne inside of Fred, which sounded a lot more perverted than it should be.

"Tell me you guys are you?" Shaggy asks, looking at them in bewilderment.

"Fred keeps touching me." Daphne says stomping her foot to the ground in frustration. Shaggy and I stepped closer in caution.

"Kind of makes you nostalgic for the homicidal creatures, doesn't it?" Velma asks us. "We stole this, hoping it would be of help." I say pointing to the Daemon Ritus in Shaggy's hands, he puts it down on the rock in front of all of us.

"The Daemon Ritus." Velma mutters taking a step closer to take a closer look. Out of nowhere it felt like my soul left my body.

"I'm me again!" Daphne states happily. I looked down to see I ended up in Shaggy's body. "Yippee for you." Velma says in my body, I kind of felt offended by that. "Everyone, remain calm. Velma what the heck is going on?" Fred asks in Velma's body. "If my calculations are correct due to the unstable nature of protoplasm in proximity of the Daemon ritus we're simply going to continue randomly changing bodies until..."

my protoplasm left Shaggy's body, entering another.

"...until, the protoplasm realigns with the appropriate body." Velma informs everyone in Fred's body.

"Atleast I'm not fred again." Daphne says in my body. "Daph, what's wrong with you? Don't you ever eat?" Shaggy asks in Daphne's body, rubbing her stomach.

With the next change I ended up back in my own body. It's like that saying I once heard, something about you'll only ever feel comfortable in your own skin.

"I'm me!" Fred says.

"I'm back!" Daphne says.

"Like, me too." Shaggy says.

"So good to be in my own skin." I mumble.

"Told you so!" Velma told us.

There was a sudden explosion coming from the beach, we all looked in that direction seeing the smoke.

"Oh no."

"Let's go!"

We quickly made our way to the beach, to see what it was, it only turned out to be the voodoo man, one of our suspects, was behind the explosion.

"Wait. I know how to handle this guy." Daphne says, making her way towards him. "Hey you! What are you doing?" she yells out.

"Yes, that is masterful." Velma states unimpressed, making me snicker. We all walked closer. "I'm trying to do a voodoo ritual. It's important to get the right ingredients. The only way I can protect myself is by blessing this dead Arnouki beast." the voodoo man says, showing us a very disturbing doll.

"I'll tell you something. I got a feeling they're about to perform their evil darkopolyse ritual." he told us.

"Darkopolyse ritual?" Velma questions.

"That's right!" Velma opens the Daemon Ritus.

"That's what the ancient text describes." The voodoo man fell to ground holding up his doll, as he says, "Hold it! Don't open it!"

"They use the protoplasm in the vat as an energy source, and the leader needs to absorb a purely good and an innocently good soul to complete the ritual." Velma read off the Daemon Ritus.

"Legend has it, once their darkopolyse ritual is performed..." I cut him off, as i remember what i was reading before i got napped that night. "Those mutated monsters will rule over earth for 10 000 years." I say.

"Precisely, so I'm bringing this Arnouki beast up in my house to protect myself." the voodoo man states.

"Do you have another one of those?" Shaggy ask in fear, I took his hand in mine as the voodoo man disappeared into his house.

"Those creatures are taking over the world? That is so mean." Daphne say in disappointment. "Now, they can't do the ritual without a pure human and an innocent human soul. Where will they get those?" Fred asks confused.

"I didn't say human." Velma clarified.

"Oh boy. That's why you were tied to that chair, you're one of the sacrifices they need." Shaggy points out.

"You were tied to a chair?" Velma ask looking at me. "Yeah, my protoplasm wasn't taken, i was tied to a chair under the vat." I told them.

"So if the person behind all this needs Julia and Scooby." Velma says coming to realization. "Then that person is the one who brought them here." Daphne states.

Shaggy was looking at me worriedly. I only gave him a smile hoping it would calm his nerves. "If Mondanajagaga wanted Julia and Scooby why'd he invite the rest of us?" Fred asks.

"It doesn't matter we gotta, like, go save Scoob and keep Julia save." Shaggy says, ready to go. "Shag, our area of expertise is nutjobs in halloween costumes." Fred states.

"Fred we're dealing with a nutjob, he's just not wearing a costume." I say looking at him. "We're supposed to be heroes man." Shaggy told Fred, he stepped forward taking Daphne's purse from her.

"So I'm going to do what I always do. I'm going to eat myself a scooby snack and I'm going to save my best pal and keep Julia from their clutches." Shaggy says putting the biscuit in his mouth.

The rest of us looked at each other, I already knew that I'll follow Shaggy no matter what.

"Velmster?"

The girl looked like she was about to cry. "Oh, you think I'm going to fall for that? Giving me my own nickname? Trying to make me feel like part of the gang?" Velma ask with a small smile.

"We could make a plan." she added looking at me, since I always help her with some of the planning. "What can i do that? The only thing I'm good for is getting caught." Daphne sadly says looking down.

"But you never let that stop you before, and if that's not a true hero, then I don't know what is." Fred says smiling at her.

We all put our hands in ready to save the other member of our gang.

"Let's get jinky with it!"

*•Unedited•*