The Announcement

Fifth period had been going for only five minutes when the principle had announced that we had to attend the lunch room for something important to tell us. I didn't know if it were about Kyle, or because we were in a lock down. Everyone stood and headed out to the lunch building. The building was packed, I could already tell before I went in. Some people were skipping, thinking, 'Yay out of class for a bit!' until I saw the toughest guy in our school hugging the music teacher, sobbing. His hair was in a pink Mohawk and he had his football jersey on. I never thought I would see the toughest guy on campus cry until then. I knew. I knew why we were called. We were called in because of Kyle.

"Boys and girls. Students and staff..." by hearing the tone of his voice people's smiles slowly began to fade away into tears and sadness.
"...we had lost a good student today. Kyle." after hearing him say the name 'Kyle' I could hear people gasp. Gasp so powerful it moved you. It moved from a state of "Oh wow today has been the best day if my life!' to a state of mind saying, 'I never got the chance to say...Good bye...'. People were in tears, and then it hit me. I cried. I cried so hard I ran out if the building, attempting to catch my breath.

I didn't understand why they had to announce it, but they did, and I turned into a big ball of raw nerves. Stupid! Stupid! Now you cry after knowing this all day! Stupid! Why now?! I yelled to myself, but more if a whisper yell. I didn't want anyone to hear me, let alone to see someone such as I cry. But nothing could hold back they tears. They came to me so hard and fast I didn't see it coming.