THE Conversation

Aarthi's POV :

'What the heck.'

'Heck? It's your husband', my conscience helped me now for sure.

"Hi", I gave my best possible smile at the moment.

"Hi? Are you okay?", He is surely confused.

"Sorry. I didn't know I slept this long. You must be bored all the while. Did we come to your ...", I was cut off by him.

"Relax. It's just 4 P.M. We didn't reach yet.", He tried to calm me.

"Oh. Okay. But I'm still sorry. I couldn't give you company."

He murmured something. "Huh?", I raised my eyebrows.

"Nothing. Let's eat something. I'm sure you must be hungry."

"Yeah, that I am. Come let's go.", I said while coming out of the car.

We both washed our hands. I used the washroom and went to the table which he already occupied. He bought a water bottle by then. I went and took the chair in front of him. I looked around. It was a nice dhaba on the outskirts. Hmm. Not a bad choice.

"Let's order something.", I came out of my thoughts by his words.

"Yeah. Sure. What will you eat?", I asked him looking at the menu card.

"I'll have two rotis with dal."

"What? Only two rotis? That too with dal?", I asked him in my shocked voice.

"Yeah. That's enough for me.", He said in a calm tone but I thought he got offended. Thanks to my overly sharp brain cells that encourage my overthinking.

"Sorry. I'm a big foodie. Two rotis are not enough for me to even know the taste. No offense.", I gave my innocent look.

"No. No. None taken. You can order anything you want."
Thank God he is not angry. I gave a big smile and again started scanning the menu. After some time I looked here and there and raised my hand to call a waiter.

"Bhayya! Idhar aao.."

" Ji ma'am", he came and took a pen from behind his ear and was ready to take the order.

"7 rotis. One dal. One Afghani chicken. One butter chicken. and onion salad. Yeah.", I nodded after saying.

The waiter went away after noting everything. I noticed Arun's smile when I gave the order.
'OMG. Did I say that long list?'

'Then what? Will anyone eat 7 rotis in one go?', my conscience mocked me.

'Two of them are for him.'

'But still. What will he think?'

'Nothing. I'm hungry and did not eat anything since morning.'

'Really? Who had large coffee in the airport and a chicken sandwich on the plane?'

I rolled my eyes and saw Arun typing something on his phone with a serious look.'Maybe it's the right time to talk to him.'

'about what?'

'about everything that is going on in my head.'

'No. At least go home Aarthi.'

I started talking against my conscience's will.

"Where are we? I mean the place." That is not the thing I wanted to ask for sure.

"Umm. It's the border of Telangana and Karnataka. I guess the place is Madgi.", He told me while placing his mobile on the table.