Chapter 3: Nichirin Blade

Nobody's POV:

Sabito arrived back at Urokodaki's shed. He saw Giyu was up and trying to practice with a wooden sword, but he couldn't do much due to his injuries.

Sabito approached him with concerns. "Giyu, you shouldn't push yourself too much. Rest up."

"I can't. Not after the way I performed in the Final Selection." Giyu responded.

"Giyu, there is no improvement without rests. I almost lost to the Hand Demon because I was already exhausted from the other demons. If I had any arm or leg injuries, I would've lost." Sabito explained.

Giyu didn't like it. "But. *sigh* Fine."

Giyu, feeling disappointed, dropped the stick and went back into the shed. Urokodaki was standing right next to the door and simply watched the young Tomioka walk through door and close it.

Urokodaki confronted his pupil. "Sabito, I know you want Giyu to get better, I do too. But discouraging him like that is not the way. Especially the type of situations you two will have to face in time."

"I know... But I already lost Makomo. I can't afford to lose Giyu. He's more than a friend, he is like a little brother I thought I would never have." Sabito sighed.

"And that's why he is training even harder than before. He looks up to you, and he wants you to acknowledge him." Urokodaki explained.

"I know... He always tells me how I'm like his sister." Sabito said.

"I don't wanna say much... but his family has been suffering for generations." Urokodaki spoke.

This made Sabito extremely confused. "What do you mean?"

Urokodaki walked passed him. "I can't say. I promised Tsutako. Even Giyu doesn't know. Just promise me he doesn't go through the pain his ancestors went through. Even if it means working with the people Tsutako despise more than demons."

With that, Urokodaki walked away to get some materials. Sabito didn't even look at his teacher, instead he looked at the shed Giyu was in.

'Does he mean the Demon Slayer Corps? But if that's the case... why join in the first place?' Sabito thought.

Sabito opened the door and saw Giyu was fast asleep. That made Sabito a bit relieved since he didn't get to hear the conversation he just had. Not knowing what to do, Sabito decided to chop wood.

With Urokodaki...

After a relatively long walk, the old Hashira was on the edge of a cliff, writing a letter. But he wasn't alone, a crow was with him.
As soon he was done, Urokodaki stared into the distance. Thinking about the day he was requested by the Master to take care of Tsutako and Giyu.

"Kagaya. I know you don't want Giyu to become a Slayer since there might be some difficulties. But I've done all I could to ensure his survival through strength and determination." Urokodaki uttered.

Afterwards, Urokodaki gave the letter to the crow and asked him to take it to Oyakata. Nodding, the crow then flew away.

Timeskip...

It has been fifteen days. This is the day when Sabito and Giyu would receive their actual Nichirin swords. Both Sabito and Giyu were quite thrilled to see it.

"There he is." Giyu pointed at the approaching swordsmith.

"Greetings, sword-maker." Sabtio greeted the swordsmith.