A lover's curse Part 2

You had been waiting patiently outside the throne room for Ariel. It had been a while since you two returned and the King ordered his son to come immediately. You could hear all the way outside... you decided to just enter and see if you could save the poor prince. You gently knocked the door and after receiving permission you entered, the king looked at you with a mild expression.

"My apologies for interrupting but... Ariel promised to help me sort out a few things of mine, if we don't begin now it will take another day to finish it all. I would like to ask his majesty to allow the prince to help me." You said in a calm, relaxed tone, Ariel smiled at you relieved that you took action.

"Very well, go... and Ariel, I hope I never hear that you went to the surface again!" Triton said to his son and the prince sighed, clearly not in the mood to drag this conversation out. You, him and Flounder left the room in silence, once you were out however...

"You really had to tell him that we went to the surface?" Ariel asked Flounder.

" I didn't mean to... it slipped."

"Everything's fine now. Anyway, what do you want to do now?" You asked the red head and he sighed.

"I'll go to the Grotto... want to join?" He asked and you shook your head.

"Nah, I have a few plans of my own. I'm sorry for not interefering sooner." You said gently.

"It's not your fault, my dad... he just doesn't try to understand me... humans are such weird and incredible beings...you're so lucky to actually have legs. You can go anywhere, wether it's the sea or the land..."

" It's not something amazing... besides... it's not exactly the way you think. Many of mermen and mermaids still look at me with disgust... like I am a mistake." You said and he seemed annoyed.

" Don't mind them, I think you're amazing." He said and you smiled.

"Thanks, anyway I'll be going first... see you later". You said and waved at your friends before heading out.

You swam for a while, aware of the fact that you were being followed. You groaned in annoyance, with a quick turn your gaze fell on two eels, both having one normal and one golden eye. They seemed shocked by your sudden action and hadn't manage to hide. Your cold glare made them shrink, just because you were half god didn't mean you couldn't look intimidating... well, in comparison to other gods you looked more like a mad puppy but there were times where you could become scary.

"State your buisness! Why are you two following me?!" You said and their surprise soon became amusement.

"We simply came here to deliver an invititation." One of them said, slowly swimming towards you. You didn't move an inch, keeping your cold expression on.

"Someone truly incredible wants to meet you." The second one said as it followed behind it's companion.

"Someone who can make dreams come true."

"And I'm supposed to listen to those who don't even introduce themselves?" You said, clearly not in the mood for mind games.

"We are Flotsam and Jetsam... we are here to help you meet someone who can change your life." The first eel said and you smirked.

"My life is fine as it is, tell this mister incredible that I won't be needing their services." You said and the two eels seemed surprised.

"Perhaps you can say that, after you meet him." Flotsam said and you frowned.

"It seems you two won't take no for an answer." You replied and they smiled at you, the moved ahead, sparing a single glace at you, as if telling you to follow them. You knew that they were talking about the villain of this story, the one who was plotting against King Triton and you knew that this could be a trap... but perhaps... you could ensure that Ariel would find another way to become human... and if not, to at least ensure that the terms he'd sign would be more... favorable than what you knew they would be when the time came. As you swam behind the eels, you felt something strange, like something far worse than what you were expecting would occur.