a wave of beach air

we were all sitting at the diner table eating our meal with random conversations here and there.

steven was glued to his phone the whole time so mom commented, "steven put that phone away, or i'll take it away." she warns him.

steven doesn't listen, but jeremiah grabs his phone and throws it across the room, landing perfectly on the couch.

steven obviously wasn't happy, "we get it dude, you've been working out." he rolls his eyes.

belly laughs, "you're just jealous jere has a better body than you!" i laugh along with her as were making fun of our brother.

"uh no, actually it's all about the lean look now" he motions down to his body, "otherwise, you can't wear tailored suits."

he tries changing the subject, "conrad when are you going back to training camp man?"

bad bad bad

and awkward silence falls over the table, there's some tension about that topic evidently.

jeremiah breaks the tension that's been brewing, "uh he quit football.." he looks down at his plate.

"wh- wait you quit?" steven couldn't get his words out.

condrad didn't respond verbally, he just hummed.

"man i'd kill to play college ball." steven said

susannah was quick to throw in some words, "he can always change his mind." she reassured.

"i'm not going to change my mind." conrad said too quickly.

my mom also had something to say, "well if you're not going to training camp, what are you going to do all summer?"

"you can work with us at the club!" jeremiah said excited.

belly looked surprised, "wait you guys are working this summer?"

steven's eyes glimmered, "yeah! im serving and y/n and jere are lifeguarding!" i look over at conrad who doesn't seem interested.

"well y/n, belly i might have something that'll keep you busy." susannah went and grabbed something.

she handed both me and belly an invite for a debutante ball or something.

"thats why you went to the club." my mom said. and susannah gave her a grin.

"i know its seems silly but it would be really fun! it's when girls come of age and come out."

you thought about it, and suddenly it hit you, "wait shouldn't i have gotten this last year? i mean i am older than belly?" i looked at susannah confused.

"well i just thought you wouldn't be comfortable and that it wasn't for you. but seeing you this year like that, it clicked. you just have to do it y/n!" susannah's eyes were shining as she said that.

my mom also looks confused,"this really doesn't seem like their thing."

"oh c'mon! its when a girl is mature and-"

steven pitched in, "belly mature?"

"y/n mature?" jeremiah added snickering.

"hey don't dare comment on my maturity when you, yourself are mentally three!" you yell laughing them.

susannah pitched in, "well i for one think both girls are mature." she crossed her arms.

after dinner i was sitting in steven's room on my phone, even though i had my own room, i liked being in his. to annoy him yes, but he also has a comforting presence.